AAA state rankings for girls basketball

Give the gold ball to Riverdale please. No one in the state can play with them.

Bradley is good, they beat a young Stone Memorial team on a last second shot. Cumberland County ranked 3rd in the Coacht poll...are you kidding me? I don't think they have the fundamentals to get out of the region. These so called "county elementary schools" that put banners in their gym for winning a AAU tournaments are hurting the players, giving them false expectations of what the high school level is like. You have to guard, you have to listen to your coach, not momma, you have to play as a team player. You won't be spoon fed basketball, you  will be given a lot of good coaching that should make you want to become better, But if your parents can buy bleachers for a college gym (boys thing here) to get their child a chance to play on an NAIA team. They'll end up in school a TTU playing in the school league. I hate what it's all become, there is no pride in these kids anymore, it's all about "ME" and what are you going to do for me. NOTHING>.get your butt to work and become a better player. Learn quickly and grow up.

Bradley is good, they beat a young Stone Memorial team on a last second shot. Cumberland County ranked 3rd in the Coacht poll...are you kidding me? I don't think they have the fundamentals to get out of the region. These so called "county elementary schools" that put banners in their gym for winning a AAU tournaments are hurting the players, giving them false expectations of what the high school level is like. You have to guard, you have to listen to your coach, not momma, you have to play as a team player. You won't be spoon fed basketball, you  will be given a lot of good coaching that should make you want to become better, But if your parents can buy bleachers for a college gym (boys thing here) to get their child a chance to play on an NAIA team. They'll end up in school a TTU playing in the school league. I hate what it's all become, there is no pride in these kids anymore, it's all about "ME" and what are you going to do for me. NOTHING>.get your butt to work and become a better player. Learn quickly and grow up.

Strong opinions for sure but that is okay to me. What I would like to know is your take on Oak Ridge. We were soundly beat by Riverdale in the title game last year and by Bradley Central in Greeneville this season. However, I think on a given day they can play a perfect game and take down both of them.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Bradley is good, they beat a young Stone Memorial team on a last second shot. Cumberland County ranked 3rd in the Coacht poll...are you kidding me? I don't think they have the fundamentals to get out of the region. These so called "county elementary schools" that put banners in their gym for winning a AAU tournaments are hurting the players, giving them false expectations of what the high school level is like. You have to guard, you have to listen to your coach, not momma, you have to play as a team player. You won't be spoon fed basketball, you will be given a lot of good coaching that should make you want to become better, But if your parents can buy bleachers for a college gym (boys thing here) to get their child a chance to play on an NAIA team. They'll end up in school a TTU playing in the school league. I hate what it's all become, there is no pride in these kids anymore, it's all about "ME" and what are you going to do for me. NOTHING>.get your butt to work and become a better player. Learn quickly and grow up.

Bradley is good, they beat a young Stone Memorial team on a last second shot. Cumberland County ranked 3rd in the Coacht poll...are you kidding me? I don't think they have the fundamentals to get out of the region. These so called "county elementary schools" that put banners in their gym for winning a AAU tournaments are hurting the players, giving them false expectations of what the high school level is like. You have to guard, you have to listen to your coach, not momma, you have to play as a team player. You won't be spoon fed basketball, you will be given a lot of good coaching that should make you want to become better, But if your parents can buy bleachers for a college gym (boys thing here) to get their child a chance to play on an NAIA team. They'll end up in school a TTU playing in the school league. I hate what it's all become, there is no pride in these kids anymore, it's all about "ME" and what are you going to do for me. NOTHING>.get your butt to work and become a better player. Learn quickly and grow up.

Its clear that you are a hateful, negative person with no true idea of what is going on. You rattle on with negative comments about this team and that team without any true facts to back yourself up. I just saw where Cumberland  county was listed 1st on strength of schedule and 2nd on strength & success. To me, thats not a sign of a team lacking in "fundamentals". Support your local team with whom you may have some insight and ease up commenting on what you think you know, you make yourself look foolish.

• 3 weeks later...

Interested in knowing what parent has bought bleachers for an NAIA school onnthe boys side?? Haven't seen that myself and I'm pretty sure if a player from that area had that done I would've heard about it myself. Seen some pretty hateful and outrageous claims on here but this 1 takes the cake!!

How many of these girls that are on the Riverdale team actually are from the area zoned for Riverdale?  How many have transferred in?  Lets find out the facts before we start talking about  it....  How many of them have moved in over the past two years that are starters and key contributors to the team?

Edited by UCSportsFan

How many of these girls that are on the Riverdale team actually are from the area zoned for Riverdale?  How many have transferred in?  Lets find out the facts before we start talking about  it....  How many of them have moved in over the past two years that are starters and key contributors to the team?

Here we go again...same talk, another year. :rolleyes:  I thought I was just gonna fade away and lurk this year and not comment.  Just as last year...most all came thru the Christiana Middle School feeder program....who...incidentally... just won the State Championship for Middle School last week.  This gets old. :bored: The only kid that transferred in on this team since they have been in middle school is Annie Hayes, who did as a sophomore, and legally.  That was three seasons ago.  All kids on this team outside of her have been at Riverdale since they were Freshmen.  Outside of her, no one left a high school to transfer in.  You commenting on Riverdale's players is like me commenting on where the kids in your neck of the woods in West TN Gainesville came from.  You don't know the program...you just want to talk negativity bc Riverdale wins on the national level....and at the moment #1 in the US.  The kids just play at a higher level than others.  Girls basketball to Murfreesboro is like wresting to the Chattanooga area...but on a national level.

How many of these girls that are on the Riverdale team actually are from the area zoned for Riverdale? How many have transferred in? Lets find out the facts before we start talking about it.... How many of them have moved in over the past two years that are starters and key contributors to the team?

You could ask the same question about Bradley. Or a few other teams. New norm.