AAA state rankings for girls basketball

Bradley central should be 1st because theyve beat tougher teams then riverdale. All their wins except firn2 were by doubke figures. They manhandled oak ridge (revenge frm state semifinal loss last year) , daniel boone, cumberland twice, and morrostown west..all top 10 state ranked teams. Who has riverdale beat thats of worthy notice? Bradley is 22nd in country via usa todat...yes riverdale is 9th but theyre only ranked thst high because theyre defending state champions. Bradley has the best player in the state returning next season in rhyne howard. The sisters from riverdale will be gone. I expect riverdale to get upset in state tournement. Cumberland county is as good if not better than they were last year. I see oak ridge playing bradley in state finals after one of those beats riverdsle in quarters or semis. Guess well find out in few weeks. Bradleys defense alone is lethal weapon but when you have the offense its even tougher to beat them.

Bradley central should be 1st because theyve beat tougher teams then riverdale. All their wins except firn2 were by doubke figures. They manhandled oak ridge (revenge frm state semifinal loss last year) , daniel boone, cumberland twice, and morrostown west..all top 10 state ranked teams. Who has riverdale beat thats of worthy notice? Bradley is 22nd in country via usa todat...yes riverdale is 9th but theyre only ranked thst high because theyre defending state champions. Bradley has the best player in the state returning next season in rhyne howard. The sisters from riverdale will be gone. I expect riverdale to get upset in state tournement. Cumberland county is as good if not better than they were last year. I see oak ridge playing bradley in state finals after one of those beats riverdsle in quarters or semis. Guess well find out in few weeks. Bradleys defense alone is lethal weapon but when you have the offense its even tougher to beat them.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/01/31/riverdale-girls-basketball-ranked-no-1-nation/97295470/

Also the Hayes girl has a sister who's s junior who will play D 1 and another whos a freshman and might be the best of the 3. The Whittington girl is a junior already committed to MTSU another junior is Brenae Alexander who is just a handful of points short of 1000 herself. So to say the sister will be gone next year is a stretch. Maybe if they move. Who have they beat? Look at their schedule they play some of the toughest teams in Georgia and Kentucky and Indiana I believe. Or Pennsylvania. I hope you're right and Bradley can pull it out but I just don't see it and I've seen them both play.

• Upvote 1

Certainly you are kidding. :rolleyes:   Neither of those two teams can play with Riverdale.  The last time Riverdale played Cumberland Co last year, they beat them by 20.  CC (currently ranked #10 in TN AAA...Riverdale beats Top 10 Nationally by 19) had McKenzie Isles, a 2,000 point scorer in her career leading that team.  They also had a couple of other Sr starters that played well.  They are not as good this year, I can assure you.  Also, you think Oak Ridge is gonna upset Riverdale and play BC in the state championship?  Last year, Riverdale beat Oak Ridge by 32 points in the State Championship after Oak Ridge beat Bradley Central 38-31.  Practically the whole Riverdale team is back.  I have had my good laugh for the day.   :roflol:  

Not saying polls are everything and there can be upsets, but since you brought it up, Bradley Central is not in the Top 25 expert rankings in USAToday.  They are in computer rankings for USAToday, but computers do not go to HS games, nor do computers see how girls play.  They are just fed the data they are given.  Here is the most recent USAToday Girls Basketball Poll according to expert rankings, which is what is used to crown the national champ http://bit.ly/2lHF7c5 .  See that team ranked by the experts who see games at #8, which is Norcross High?  Riverdale shellacked them by 19 points this season.. Not sure where you are coming at Riverdale hasn't played anybody.  Riverdale is ranked #1 in the nation.  Riverdale is ranked by ESPN as the #9 team in the nation.  Bradley Central is not on that poll either.  Here is the link: https://goo.gl/0EBCqL  .  Riverdale is also ranked #2 in the nation by M A X  P R E P S Super 25, which is how they decide the national champ.  Bradley Central is not on that poll.  Here is that link.  https://goo.gl/5CoSVL .     

BCs Rhyne Howard is definitely a good player.  I watched her play in the state tourney last year.  Strong kid and very talented.  ESPN scouts say she is a 4 star player and #38 overall in her class of 2018, and graded out a 93 overall.   If both teams play in the Championship game, a Howard vs Riverdale's Brinae Alexander matchup (ESPN 4 star player graded 92 and the #42 player overall for 2018 class) will be huge.  If that matchup isn't there, then maybe Riverdale's Alexis Whittington (MTSU commit and ESPN 3 star in the 2018 class and graded 89) will be fun to watch.  Riverdale's Annie Hayes is a an ESPN 5 star player, ranked #9 overall in her class of 2017, and graded a 98.  She graded out the same 98 as Crystal Dangerfield at UCONN.  There is also Riverdale's Aislyn Hayes, who is ESPN graded a 90 and rated the #8 combo guard in the class of 2019 with an offer from UTK.  Last but definitely not least, I am sure you remember watching Riverdale's MTSU 2018 commit Amanda Whittington last year get all tourney after crushing teams with her 3 pt shot.  Alasia Hayes is only a freshman, but ESPN is already taking notice.  She averages 8.5ppg, and also has an offer from the Lady Vols.

Riverdale returned 4 starters from last years state championship team, and have even more role players than they had last year.  They are a better team than last year's Championship team.  All starters have DI offers, and have committed or signed (Hayes at UTK).  Players coming in the game off the bench also have DI offers as well as smaller schools.  With the exception of Annie Hayes graduating, the same team will be back next year for 2018.  I don't see the Gold Ball leaving the Riverdale trophy case for years.  Unless you have seen Riverdale play, it is hard to compare.  They play in a different gear than other teams in TN.  The national experts agree with what I have posted by how they vote.

My bet is that if they play.... Bradley Central will be playing Riverdale's JV team the last 2-5 minutes if not before, like the 4th quarter of the State Championship last year against Oak Ridge.  The score could have been worse.  It was ugly and BC couldnt beat OR.

Certainly you are kidding. :rolleyes: Neither of those two teams can play with Riverdale. The last time Riverdale played Cumberland Co last year, they beat them by 20. CC (currently ranked #10 in TN AAA...Riverdale beats Top 10 Nationally by 19) had McKenzie Isles, a 2,000 point scorer in her career leading that team. They also had a couple of other Sr starters that played well. They are not as good this year, I can assure you. Also, you think Oak Ridge is gonna upset Riverdale and play BC in the state championship? Last year, Riverdale beat Oak Ridge by 32 points in the State Championship after Oak Ridge beat Bradley Central 38-31. Practically the whole Riverdale team is back. I have had my good laugh for the day. :roflol:

Not saying polls are everything and there can be upsets, but since you brought it up, Bradley Central is not in the Top 25 expert rankings in USAToday. They are in computer rankings for USAToday, but computers do not go to HS games, nor do computers see how girls play. They are just fed the data they are given. Here is the most recent USAToday Girls Basketball Poll according to expert rankings, which is what is used to crown the national champ http://bit.ly/2lHF7c5 . See that team ranked by the experts who see games at #8, which is Norcross High? Riverdale shellacked them by 19 points this season.. Not sure where you are coming at Riverdale hasn't played anybody. Riverdale is ranked #1 in the nation. Riverdale is ranked by ESPN as the #9 team in the nation. Bradley Central is not on that poll either. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/0EBCqL . Riverdale is also ranked #2 in the nation by M A X P R E P S Super 25, which is how they decide the national champ. Bradley Central is not on that poll. Here is that link. https://goo.gl/5CoSVL .

BCs Rhyne Howard is definitely a good player. I watched her play in the state tourney last year. Strong kid and very talented. ESPN scouts say she is a 4 star player and #38 overall in her class of 2018, and graded out a 93 overall. If both teams play in the Championship game, a Howard vs Riverdale's Brinae Alexander matchup (ESPN 4 star player graded 92 and the #42 player overall for 2018 class) will be huge. If that matchup isn't there, then maybe Riverdale's Alexis Whittington (MTSU commit and ESPN 3 star in the 2018 class and graded 89) will be fun to watch. Riverdale's Annie Hayes is a an ESPN 5 star player, ranked #9 overall in her class of 2017, and graded a 98. She graded out the same 98 as Crystal Dangerfield at UCONN. There is also Riverdale's Aislyn Hayes, who is ESPN graded a 90 and rated the #8 combo guard in the class of 2019 with an offer from UTK. Last but definitely not least, I am sure you remember watching Riverdale's MTSU 2018 commit Amanda Whittington last year get all tourney after crushing teams with her 3 pt shot. Alasia Hayes is only a freshman, but ESPN is already taking notice. She averages 8.5ppg, and also has an offer from the Lady Vols.

Riverdale returned 4 starters from last years state championship team, and have even more role players than they had last year. They are a better team than last year's Championship team. All starters have DI offers, and have committed or signed (Hayes at UTK). Players coming in the game off the bench also have DI offers as well as smaller schools. With the exception of Annie Hayes graduating, the same team will be back next year for 2018. I don't see the Gold Ball leaving the Riverdale trophy case for years. Unless you have seen Riverdale play, it is hard to compare. They play in a different gear than other teams in TN. The national experts agree with what I have posted by how they vote.

My bet is that if they play.... Bradley Central will be playing Riverdale's JV team the last 2-5 minutes if not before, like the 4th quarter of the State Championship last year against Oak Ridge. The score could have been worse. It was ugly and BC couldnt beat OR.

I agree with you that Riverdale is by far and away the best team in the state but with fans like you that gloat and degrade every other team it's easy to pull against them.

I agree with you that Riverdale is by far and away the best team in the state but with fans like you that gloat and degrade every other team it's easy to pull against them.

No degrading...Just the truth. I am a fan, but no dog in the fight. I have seen both teams, and they will not knock off Riverdale. It isn't gonna happen bc the teams don't match up. They could win if Riverdale forgets to show up, but outside of that....Not gonna happen. People pull against Riverdale anyway, so what does it matter. People hate in the NFL the NE Patriots... In college football Alabama... In women's college b-ball the Lady Vols (in their heyday) and UCONN. In TN high school football they hate Brentwood Academy, and in TN girls b-ball, they hate Riverdale. The reason why they are all hated is bc they win year in and out. When they have dominate years they are accused of cheating or haters make up excuses like everyone transferring in like you did earlier, when the truth is they just work hard and take the sport very serious. People hate winners and want to see them loose. Been watching it for years.

Everybody hated blackman last few years and they gor caught cheating. Riverdsle threw a game couple years ah

Go just to avoid blackman in playoffs. At least bradley doesnt throw games and the bearrttes have a gteat 6th man in that carter girl. Shes only a sophomore and gets more.playong time than some of the starters. Shes for the alexis middleton skills. It wouldnr be a blowout if they played in final i guarantee you

Everybody hated blackman last few years and they gor caught cheating. Riverdsle threw a game couple years ah

Go just to avoid blackman in playoffs. At least bradley doesnt throw games and the bearrttes have a gteat 6th man in that carter girl. Shes only a sophomore and gets more.playong time than some of the starters. Shes for the alexis middleton skills. It wouldnr be a blowout if they played in final i guarantee you

Not sure what you are talking about. Blackman did not get caught cheating. Please tell me your info. I have never heard that rumor.

No degrading...Just the truth. I am a fan, but no dog in the fight. I have seen both teams, and they will not knock off Riverdale. It isn't gonna happen bc the teams don't match up. They could win if Riverdale forgets to show up, but outside of that....Not gonna happen. People pull against Riverdale anyway, so what does it matter. People hate in the NFL the NE Patriots... In college football Alabama... In women's college b-ball the Lady Vols (in their heyday) and UCONN. In TN high school football they hate Brentwood Academy, and in TN girls b-ball, they hate Riverdale. The reason why they are all hated is bc they win year in and out. When they have dominate years they are accused of cheating or haters make up excuses like everyone transferring in like you did earlier, when the truth is they just work hard and take the sport very serious. People hate winners and want to see them loose. Been watching it for years.

Hate is a very strong word. Find where I said I hated Riverdale in any post I've ever written on any website. I don't hate anyone or anything so please don't put words in my mouth. Riverdale has a great group of young ladies that ply the game. The thing I disagree with you on is the do they have the best coach. I'm not saying they don't have a great coach but to say Riverdale's coach is the best coach in the state tournament is false. That's my main point. This Riverdale team could not beat the Tiffany Woosley lead Shelbyville teams of the 90s but they are good no doubt about that. That's just my opinion of course.