Father Ryan 44 McCallie 33

Bump11

Working on getting the videos up right now from this weekend, broadcast bandwidth was terrible from Baylor (I use Verizon to do my live streaming and the 4g on Baylor campus isn`t very good)so the webcast was terrible for those that tried to watch.

Should have possibly the Baylor footage up by early evening, and Soddy Daisy up by Monday morning

Edited by atwsportscast1

Whitworth was wrestling up at 115 while still having to weigh in at his 108 weight and while Whitworth does have a win over Bowers and Bowers has beaten Simpson, this match was still an 8th grader wrestling against a senior...

For what it's worth, Simpson and Whitworth weighed in within 1.5 pounds of each other (Simpson at 112 and Whitworth at 110.5)...hardly "wrestling up"

For what it's worth, Simpson and Whitworth weighed in within 1.5 pounds of each other (Simpson at 112 and Whitworth at 110.5)...hardly "wrestling up"

Well then, I hope Simpson relishes his victory over an 8th grader! Haha!! Hope those two will wrestle again at the State Duals - my money is on Whitworth EVERY time! He got robbed of 2 points in the first period (just my opinion), then (again just my opinion) coach made a mistake putting him on bottom in the second (when I'm pretty sure Whitworth wanted neutral). Anyway, two great wrestlers, but the "muscle maturity" between a senior and 8th grader is worlds apart. Hard to even compare the two.

I also don't think McCallie showed their hand in this match. If there is a rematch, it will be very entertaining (with perhaps a different outcome). Tornado looked VERY strong with Ward, Herring, Sell, Dendy, Duhm, and Henry. Not to mention Whitworth. 

Impressive win for Christian Simpson over Whitworth

No . . . not really. Huge difference in muscle mass and maturity. Not to mention experience. Also, there were some things in the match that didn't go Whitworth's way - that don't show up on the stat line. Congrats to Simpson and hopefully we get to see a rematch.

No . . . not really. Huge difference in muscle mass and maturity. Not to mention experience. Also, there were some things in the match that didn't go Whitworth's way - that don't show up on the stat line. Congrats to Simpson and hopefully we get to see a rematch.

I really thought that after they said he barely got beat by bowers and that they really weighed the same , that he was no longer a Freshman either. 

I guess you didn't see him at the GP West.

Not sure what you are getting at. I did see Whitworth at the GP West Invitational. He looked great - he went through the competition with relative ease . . . I think he had three pins and a tech fall. I think he wrestled a senior at one point too, but he was wrestling his weight (106). No doubt he's strong, I just think Simpson was a much tougher matchup at 113. 

Not sure what you are getting at. I did see Whitworth at the GP West Invitational. He looked great - he went through the competition with relative ease . . . I think he had three pins and a tech fall. I think he wrestled a senior at one point too, but he was wrestling his weight (106). No doubt he's strong, I just think Simpson was a much tougher matchup at 113.

It was already stated there was 1.5lb difference in the dual. Not nearly enough to be of any significance.