9 AAA Baseball

UFGators39052

What's the outlook for this season?  MJ is loaded once again and I would expect them to run away with it, but there are several good arms in the district this year.  My pre-season ranks -

1a. MJ - very talented as always, should be strong favorites in regular season and tournament.  Loads of D1 talent on this team.

2a. Wilson Central - Classy program with a long history of success and a great coach, just not sure what they have talent-wise.  No doubt they will play hard for Ford, but can they compete with MJ?

3a. Lebanon - returns some talent, but always tough to compete with the Wilson Co schools.  Do they have enough firepower?  Sounds like Coach Vetetoe has things going in the right direction over the last 2 years.

4a. Station Camp - Anyone know what is going on here?  They lost 11 seniors to graduation, best Sophomore just transferred to Ravenwood (D1 talent) and several players have already quit. With only 6 upper-classmen now on the team and a second-year coach coming off the worst record in school history, you got to wonder if something is going on?

1b. Hendersonville - Regardless of talent, they always compete. Congrats to Mike Hendrix on the HOF induction, him and Gilley will have the team ready. Know they have at least one strong arm (Soph I believe). Who will finish higher between them and beech?

2b. Beech - Know they have at least one very good arm, should they be the favorite on this side of the district? 

3b. Gallatin- Made a great run last year but lost some good players.  Do they come back down to earth and finish bottom half of district or can they make another run? 

4b. Portland - Believe they lost their 2 best players to Cumberland Univ (congrats to K. Dixon, kid plays very hard).  Are they going to be able to compete this year?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

MJ will be the heavy favorite of course. Watched Hville Sat against Oakland, looked ok. Started 7 soph, will start at least 6 when the season begins. In my years of watching the Commandos this is the best soph class I have seen. Beech has McWilliams and Hall back on the mound and Brown at the plate. Other than Zazzaro not sure what else SC has. Gallatin has a lot of seniors and should be pretty good but took a major hit when Mason decided not to play. Commandos will take on Siegel this Sat at DCP.

MJ may have a loaded team but with poor coaching and arrogant kids, it will be hard to come together to win. They will have to compete with Farragut and Siegel to win it all. Pretty embarrassing with the talent they have to not get out of the region last year. Will be a big time matchup with Beech and Hendersonville as well, some big time arms on that side too.

Siegel has some talent... Farragut has no pitching... 

McWilliams is a solid pitcher, not the level of Brown and Smith at MJ.   I don't know the H'ville soph pitcher.... but having one or two decent pitchers is not like having four pitchers.... Remember you are in district play with new pitching rules.  You do know about the new pitching rules?

in 2014 when Beech threw elder McWilliams against elder Smith and they both went over 100 pitches? Then Beech brought McWilliams back in 3 days to close a game?  Don't get me wroing I woulf have done the same thing, but now theres a 5 calendar day rest period going over a hundo.

It will be a fun year in the district

Edited by FightinIllini

• 1 month later...

MJ may have a loaded team but with poor coaching and arrogant kids, it will be hard to come together to win. They will have to compete with Farragut and Siegel to win it all. Pretty embarrassing with the talent they have to not get out of the region last year. Will be a big time matchup with Beech and Hendersonville as well, some big time arms on that side too.

In case you missed it... MJ 6 Beech 0   MJ pitchers with 17 k's in 7 innings... not really a "big time matchup"  Didn't see any big time arms on that side