TOP IN STATE POUND FOR POUND

TD2

I agree with King as well. Boykin is the most credentialed, but that's not what a pound for pound list should be based off. A pound for pound list should come down to if everyone steps on the scale and weighs the same on a given day, who comes out on top? It probably won't be the popular opinion, but I wouldn't have any HWT in my top 10. I just can't see them keeping up with the leg attacks, scrambling, etc. of the lighter guys.

• Upvote 2

I agree with King as well. Boykin is the most credentialed, but that's not what a pound for pound list should be based off. A pound for pound list should come down to if everyone steps on the scale and weighs the same on a given day, who comes out on top? It probably won't be the popular opinion, but I wouldn't have any HWT in my top 10. I just can't see them keeping up with the leg attacks, scrambling, etc. of the lighter guys.

i think you just lost all credibility. There are 2 hwts, Nick and Sammy, that are top15 nationally. Being a heavy doesnt take any of what you just said away from them. Th e best college wrestler in the country p4p, is kyle snyder. A heavyweight. Watch him wrestle, heck watch nick and sammy..and try to tell me that they cant keep up with the leg attacks, scrambling, etc. If you really think King better than nick thats your opinion. But TEN guys better than Nick? TEN?????? Get outta here dude Edited by Bump11

i think you just lost all credibility. There are 2 hwts, Nick and Sammy, that are top15 nationally. Being a heavy doesnt take any of what you just said away from them. Th e best college wrestler in the country p4p, is kyle snyder. A heavyweight. Watch him wrestle, heck watch nick and sammy..and try to tell me that they cant keep up with the leg attacks, scrambling, etc. If you really think King better than nick thats your opinion. But TEN guys better than Nick? TEN?????? Get outta here dude

I'd have to agree.

Dendy, Nicholson, and Reiniche should be high on the list.  Not sure if King is best P4P this year, but he may be best P4P in terms of pure talent, athleticism and upside.  Same goes with Dendy.  I believe Dendy would be going for his 3rd state title if he wrestled during the off season. 

i think you just lost all credibility. There are 2 hwts, Nick and Sammy, that are top15 nationally. Being a heavy doesnt take any of what you just said away from them. Th e best college wrestler in the country p4p, is kyle snyder. A heavyweight. Watch him wrestle, heck watch nick and sammy..and try to tell me that they cant keep up with the leg attacks, scrambling, etc. If you really think King better than nick thats your opinion. But TEN guys better than Nick? TEN?????? Get outta here dude

I shouldn't reply because I knew my opinion wouldn't be the popular one, but I'm going to anyway.

First, why do people have to start throwing jabs when someone has a different opinion? I lost all credibility because we disagree? It's okay for people to disagree on here, and have differing opinions without getting so upset. It's just a message board, and I'm sure Boykin doesn't really care if I have him in my top 10.

Second, I never said being a heavyweight takes their appomplishments away. I'm a big fan of Boykin and Evans. They'll probably go down as some the best HWT's TN has ever produced. I love watching them wrestle, and hope to see big things from them at the next level. I hope my previous post wasn't took as me trying to put them down, because it wasn't intended that way.

Third, for MY pound for pound list, I threw out their past accomplishments. I was looking at it from a pure stylistic matchup, and I stand behind my opinion. There's a completely different style of wrestling between the big boys vs the smaller wrestlers. In MY opinion, that skill set doesn't translate well against someone like King. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm okay with that, because it's just MY opinion, and I don't expect everyone to think the same way I do.

Fourth, at the end of the day, we are really comparing apples to oranges. It's just for fun, and all speculation. Pound for pound lists are just everyone making guesses. We're never going to know. I doubt we ever see King vs Boykin or Sells vs Evans and so on in the future. There's nothing to get bent out of shape about, because people don't have the same guesses as you about wrestling matchups that are never going to happen. We're just having fun with hypothetical scenarios.

They'll probably go down as some the best HWT's TN has ever produced.

you misspelled "Wrestlers". Nick wont "probably" be "one of the best". He will, and in all likelyhood already is the best heavy the state has produced. And just to reiterate...being bigger does not take away any skill set that a smaller guy might have. I wish you would stop saying that. I promise you there are not 10 guys with better skill sets than Nick. If you want to say King is better, thats fine..and you have that right, but to say Nick isnt top 10 is downright insulting. Again i say look at Kyle Snyder, a HWT...and possibly not only the best in the country p4p but maybe the best or atleast top 3 in the world p4p. Watch him wrestle and tell me he cant do what the lightweights can do. Its just not true. And its the same with Nick Edited by Bump11