DII State Duals Predictions!

Bump11

Brackets have been released. Let the controversial fun begin. I'll go first. Enjoy :)

Champ Rd 1-

Baylor over MUS

Father Ryan over MBA

McCallie over BA

Bros over BGA

Champ Semis-

Baylor over Father Ryan

Bros over McCallie

Cons Rd 1-

MBA over MUS

BA over BGA

Cons Semis-

McCallie over MBA

Father Ryan over BA

Finals/3rd-

Bros over Baylor

McCallie over Ryan

1st- Christian Brothers

2nd- Baylor

3rd- McCallie

4th- Father Ryan

Brackets have been released. Let the controversial fun begin. I'll go first. Enjoy :)

Champ Rd 1-

Baylor over MUS

Father Ryan over MBA

McCallie over BA

Bros over BGA

Champ Semis-

Baylor over Father Ryan

Bros over McCallie

Cons Rd 1-

MBA over MUS

BA over BGA

Cons Semis-

McCallie over MBA

Father Ryan over BA

Finals/3rd-

Bros over Baylor

McCallie over Ryan

1st- Christian Brothers

2nd- Baylor

3rd- McCallie

4th- Father Ryan

Well, based on this past weekend, I would agree with your predictions. But, as always, there are some unknowns. If McCallie is at full strength (with Duhm back) and with the right line-up they can challenge for the title. Baylor seems to be peaking (again) at the right time and already has wins against FR, MBA, and McCallie. Honestly don't know how deep (top to bottom) CB is but I'm sure they'll be right in the mix. Either way, should be some great wrestling this weekend!

I think when the dust settles it will be:

1. Baylor

2. McCallie

3. Christian Brothers

4. Father Ryan

This will be one of the more fun years for the duals (killing me that I won't be there for it).  Feels like all four of the major teams have a legitimate shot to win it this year.  Ultimately it is going to be each time looking to minimize bonus points against their role-players and maximize them from their stars.

The state championship could be won or lost by a coin flip determining who has to show at which weight first, I think many are that close.  If any teams come out with just a little extra they are likely to be the one to win it.

Edited by ghouse
  • Upvote 1

This will be one of the more fun years for the duals (killing me that I won't be there for it).  Feels like all four of the major teams have a legitimate shot to win it this year.  Ultimately it is going to be each time looking to minimize bonus points against their role-players and maximize them from their stars.

The state championship could be won or lost by a coin flip determining who has to show at which weight first, I think many are that close.  If any teams come out with just a little extra they are likely to be the one to win it.

...has anyone ever seen this much parity between Four teams in one division?

Boog makes a good point on page one actually.... outside of the steady and strong private leagues... 1-AAA is a two horse race. With 1-AA, probably any of five or six could take the small schools. Not as much depth and flexibility to bump. Injury, sickness missing weight with these schools will likely determine the victor, but really no different for the DII's