Congrats To The Placers. See Ya Next Year. -- A-Town Tigers

Nainten

Congratulations to Bradley, Cleveland, Science Hill and Tennessee on placing top four.  These programs are the result of a whole lot of hardwork, talent, and commitment by the coaches, wrestlers, and parents.  Kudos to all.  Bradley and Cleveland are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of state currently.  

Science Hill is super impressive.  The Tigers wrestled the Hilltoppers four times this year.  That’s more than they’ve wrestled any other team this year – even with our region.  Unfortunately they went 1-3 in those meetings, but they were all competitive duals.  SH just had a little more firepower and a lot more good depth.  Not being able to field a full squad really limited the Tigers, but it is what it is.  It’s just what the team was this year.   Looking at the SH roster it seems they are losing three seniors this year so I expect they will be right in the thick of it again next season.  It will be interesting to see how they reload after that huge junior class graduates.    

As for the Tigers, they made it a little farther this year than last, before bowing out to another Region 1 team.  They will be losing some good seniors in Metcalf, Roaten, Moore, and Baudoin.  That’s a lot of wins and leadership.  The good news is that they will return most of the middle and lighter weights so I expect they will also be a team to reckon with next year.   They should also be adding a few good freshmen next season who will impact that lineup.  Things would have to break our way in order to seriously challenge the best in Region 4 but they will continue to be a handful for everyone else.   Again…congrats to the podium placers.  We’ll be back again next season ready to go.   Tiger Tough!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Nainten. We really had some good battles this season! It's crazy that in the 5 years I've been a part of this program, we had never wrestled Arlington once... and then wrestled them 4 times this season! A very impressive group that's for sure! The most impressive kid to me is Moore at 182! He is someone that hasn't been talked about this season, but is dominant! People better watch out for him. After the second meeting in Memphis, most of our dual match strategy revolved around him. There's no doubt in my mind he is going to place High this season! And of course, as people already know, Cannon is an absolute stud at 113! Good luck to your guys in the traditional post season and during the offseason.

Edited by KingGreene

Thanks Nainten. We really had some good battles this season! It's crazy that in the 5 years I've been a part of this program, we had never wrestled Arlington once... and then wrestled them 4 times this season! A very impressive group that's for sure! The most impressive kid to me is Lewis at 182! He is someone that hasn't been talked about this season, but is dominant! People better watch out for him. After the second meeting in Memphis, most of our dual match strategy revolved around him. There's no doubt in my mind he is going to place High this season! And of course, as people already know, Cannon is an absolute stud at 113! Good luck to your guys in the traditional post season and during the offseason.

Thanks.  Aaron Moore, I think is who you actually meant at 182.  Yeah, he is a handful.  Jack Lewis fills in at 195 for us at times.  Aside from Aaron and Reed Canon we have a couple of other guys like Harrison Phillips at 138, Todd Roaten at 220 and Jon Metcalf at 275 who all have good chances to place at state.  Good luck to your boys as well.  BTW your logo is by far my favorite.  I don't know why.  I just like that dude in the top hat.  

You are correct. Aaron Moore is who I meant. They have the results of our first match incorrect and had Lewis listed instead of Moore. But Moore is the one I was speaking of. Very impressive.

I am pretty fond of our logo also. Pretty scary looking dude. I also like yours simply because I am a Mizzou wrestling fan. We need to work out a trade next season.

In addition, the Arlington wrestlers were very classy, polite, and respectful. I was impressed with the way they carried themselves. The way Harrison Phillips patted Grayson Pridemore on the back after the latter was injured in their match showed his class and caliber as a competitor. 

I was impressed with his relentlessness as a competitor. Cannon was very slick.

I had been told all season long how good Moore was, and wasn't disappointed when I finally got to see him at work. Very tough kid.

Will be cheering for your guys in two weeks, except for when they line up against a Topper.

I only have one question-who's OW?

Edited by ArtusCimber
  • Upvote 1

Awe Artis...my man, I love your softer side. Phillips is a great young man, and his back patting skills are second to none!

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get in the medal round this year but we are making great strides each time. I'm glad people are finally taking notice of the West side.

Maybe you can buy me a hotdog next weekend Artus, let's meet at the concession stand at 6:30 pm on Thursday. I'll wear my blue scarf so you can recognize me. We can chat. It will be like a Tinder date, but among old wrestling coaches. Coaches only dot com?

Just getting into following some of these teams, but I was impressed by how close the duals were this year with Arlington and Science Hill.  I think it has turned into a nice East-West rivalry. Question: who are some of the returning contributors from these 2 teams for next year (besides aforementioned Cannon and Phillips)?

Arlington is only losing one starter under 152, but they will be light at 182, 195, 220, and hwt next season.  I don't know if they will be able to replicate this year's success with the loss of excellent seniors at 182, 220, and 275.  They will have a good group of freshmen coming in but none that will really impact the upper weights.  Track Wrestling can give you a pretty good picture of who is coming back from both teams if you look at the team pages then look at the roster and  matches tabs.  

Edited by Nainten