Region 3 A-AA Seeds

rodteague

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the date and times for the tournament this weekend? Looks to be a great event that will be worth checking out.

http://s200.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1486662399664&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=963

If the link doesn't pull it up then its at page high school in franklin, Tn this Friday and Saturday. Wrestling starts at 5:30 on Friday and 9:30 on Saturday. Admission is $8

Edited by TheNewGuy12345

So any breakdowns of the number 1 and 2 seeds in this region? Don't know much about A/AA or many of these programs as they don't usually come down towards Chattanooga but would be nice to get some more info about them before the weekend! I especially notice the 106 kid at 44-1, I know Nolensville is new for this year but what all kind of competition have they wrestled? I saw some really tough kids out of Greenbrier and Page this past weekend, but I don't see Gifford on there anyway from Page and he seemed to have wrestled 106 varsity quite a bit this year.

I see 106 getting busted. 220 possibly. 132 is anyone's for the taking. The top four are very competitive and it's gonna come down to heart and hunger for the championship.

The bottom half of the 106 bracket is a doosie!!! You have McCartney from Greenbier, Turner from page, Phillips from Pearl Cohn, and the 2 seed Ian Rogers from Nashville Christian. Whoever gets through that will have Dansereah waiting on them in the finals..... McCartney and turner both wrestled 113 for most of the year. Phillips is the only senior in the bunch so he has a little bit of an age and experience advantage. Rogers has been on fire and definitely earned the 2 seed. It should be some good wrestling out of the little guys. 

At 106 Gifford would have been the 1 seed; but since Turner dropped from 113 he and Gifford had a wrestle off and Turner won handily. Due to criteria Turner had to take the 6th seed; but in reality he will be a formidable challenge to the 1 and 2 seeds. 106 is going to be a barn burner for sure

Regards

Rod

Edited by rodteague

At 106 Gifford would have been the 1 seed; but since Turner dropped from 113 he and Gifford had a wrestle off and Turner won handily. Due to criteria Turner had to take the 6th seed; but in reality he will be a formidable challenge to the 1 and 2 seeds. 106 is going to be a barn burner for sure

Regards

Rod

I agree Turner will give a good match to any who comes. I respectfully disagree that Gifford would have been the one seed. He lost to the 1,3, and the 7th seed in the regular season.

Thanks for the info guys, should be a fun tourney up there! And golly I think coach was saying that Gifford might have been first seed because he did get beat by Max kid in exhibition, but track shows Gifford pinned him a few weeks ago in a dual, so maybe that's why?

Regards

Rod

I missed that. I apologize!!! It sure is anyone's opportunity to do their best and come out on top.

Barn burner; Turner is the fly in the ointment, would not surprise me to see him in the finals

Gross, Becker, Mclemore and Cole Winer. I agree that all four top seeds could be medalists in the state tourney; they are the toast of A-AA in this weight class

Pendley, Fussell and Ford.... jeez; someone is really gonna be disappointed. Three potential state medalist who will sort it out this weekend.

Hatcher,  Hunter, Filaroski, and Pharris; I'm giving Filaroski the edge. Not biased at all n this one :rolleyes:

Jones, Bass, Ben Winer and Yusef; Winer and Yusef will upset the apple cart. Don't be surprised if one of the two is standing on the region 3 champion podium.

I'm going out on a limb.... Nick Oberstaedt

Camper and Prater in the finals

Hackert and Parcel

The betting man would put their money on McCoy, but if Harshaw wrestles like he did in the state duals; it might be him at number one.

John Noe

Houston Tywater

Zach Diviney and Tanner Lynch. This will be a epic bout. i give the edge to Zach. Like Benji say's, Zach is a "wrastler".  The kid has grit. Would not surprise me if he win's it all at state.

Toby Lynch

My gut is... who ever ends up on top!!  Lee and Spence in the finals.

We are on the eve of Region 3 A-AA; gonna be a great tourney!!!!

Best Regards

Rod Teague

Edited by rodteague

106: Turner vs Dansereah

113: Toss up.

120:Pendley vs Ford

126: Filaroski vs Hatcher

132: Yusif vs Bass

138: Muday vs Liam

145: Camper vs Prater

152: Hackert vs Lynch

160: Rose wins it