Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

Who did Riverdale play from out of state that was a national powerhouse? Murray Kentucky?

Norcross... Collins Hill... Hoover...

Riverdale beat Norcross by 20 in Georgia. Norcross is favored to win the state championship and currently sits at 28-2 with their only other loss being by 1 point to Monacan (VA), who has the number 1 player in the country, Megan Walker, who is going to UCONN. Norcross has been ranked in the Top 15 in multiple national poles all season.

Collins Hill is 28-4 with a 38 point loss to Riverdale. Collins Hill's other 3 losses were by 12, 4 and 1. They play Norcross this Saturday in the Georgia tournament.

Hoover Is currently 25-6 losing to Riverdale by 9 in Mississippi at a tournament. Hoover plays in the Alabama Final 4 tomorrow.

I was at all three of the games mentioned... there's no smoke and mirrors to these wins...

I rest my case...

Edited by GCPioneer

If you have not seen all the teams play, your opinion is worthless. Do you really think district 7 is the toughest in the country? I'm not even sure that top to bottom, it's the toughest district in its region. You think Smyrna, Siegel, Blackman, and Laverne would dominate in every other district in Tennessee? The only wins those teams had this year were against each other.

Not only my opinion, but experts opinions too. You are KILLING me... :roflol: In the last 3 years, Blackman has won two State Championships and a National Championship...that is all. :rolleyes: They are just having a down year. Things run in cycles. Smyrna is typically a pretty tough team in the top 4 in 7-AAA. What you said about these teams is totally not true. Go look at their schedule. They all have out of district wins...even at the bottom.

BTW....our District 7-AAA #4 seed Smyrna beat 8-AAA District Champ Shelbyville twice in regular season. They are one of those 7-AAA teams you are talking about you say is on the bottom. I think Smyrna would be District Champs in quite a few Districts across the state. I know they would be in the running in Districts 9, 10, 11 and 12-AAA for the Championship most any year. I am sure there are more Districts across the state they would be in the running as well.

Who did Riverdale play from out of state that was a national powerhouse? Murray Kentucky?

I think the better question would be who Bradley Central played to rack up an undefeated record, when the furthest team west of the Cumberland Gap they played was Cookeville, and every game was played in Tennessee.  Every game BC has played this year has been against East TN teams and a couple out of GA  at the Bradley Central High Holiday Inn Express Thanksgiving Tournament at their own gym.  Bradley Co makes sure to get in the tournament games against 1A Lakeview Academy...a team ranked 76 in GA and 2356 in the US by M A X P R E P S, and Flowery Branch...a team ranked 19th in the state of GA. Why schedule in your own Thanksgiving Tournament games you know you will win just to up your record? 

Murray, KY is actually a pretty good team.  They are presently 24-5, with two of those losses coming to Riverdale and #18 in the US according to USAToday, Butler High out of Louisville.  Murray is playing tonight in the 2nd round of the Regionals.

Riverdale also beat by 19 points the current #10 team in the US according to Max P R E P S ....NORCROSS, GA.  Norcross has only two losses, one being to Riverdale, and the other to the #2 ranked team in the country, Monacan (VA).  They play another team Riverdale beat by 38 points...Collins Hill, who plays Norcross in the GA 7A semi-finals on Saturday.

Cumberland defeated Hoover to win Christmas tournament in Florida. Also 2 other 20 win teams there. Have you seen Bradley play? I'm just saying, if you've not seen them all, you can't have a valid opinion. What happened 3 years ago is irrelevant today. I've not seen a team in Tennessee this year that is unbeatable

Only teams I honestly think could hang with Riverdale are Houston and Memphis Central. They have the same caliber athletes to do so. Everybody else is a fly on the wall.

Riverdale is 20+ better than both of them... both teams are more athletic than Riverdale, but I would venture to say that Riverdale has better basketball players from a team standpoint.

Stewarts Creek is just as athletic, if not more athletic...

Edited by GCPioneer

Not only my opinion, but experts opinions too.  You are KILLING me... :roflol: In the last 3 years, Blackman has won two State Championships and a National Championship...that is all. :rolleyes:   They are just having a down year.  Things run in cycles.  Smyrna is typically a pretty tough team in the top 4 in 7-AAA. What you said about these teams is totally not true.  Go look at their schedule.  They all have out of district wins...even at the bottom.

all 4 of those teams combined only beat 5 out of district teams, and only one of them had a winning record at 15-12. Just because you have 2 good teams in your district, that doesn't make it the toughest in the state. I'm just curious, how many games have you seen this year, outside of Riverdale gym?

Cumberland defeated Hoover to win Christmas tournament in Florida. Also 2 other 20 win teams there. Have you seen Bradley play? I'm just saying, if you've not seen them all, you can't have a valid opinion. What happened 3 years ago is irrelevant today. I've not seen a team in Tennessee this year that is unbeatable

You are bragging about Cumberland Co beating Palm Harbor University High out of Florida in a mediocre at best Christmas tourney?  They are an 8A team who is ranked by MP 102 in the state, and 3038 in the nation.  Spruce Creek is a 9A team ranked 37 in FL, and 1087 in the nation.  The state of Florida has good athletes, but not exactly known for playing good girls HS basketball.  Sometimes there might be a team or two out of Miami, but that is about it.  I will give Cumberland Co props for traveling outside of TN.  Hoover, AL was a quality win.

MP ranks Cumberland Co #8 in TN, and #286 in the US.  CC was MUCH better than the teams they played in that tourney, and should have won. 

all 4 of those teams combined only beat 5 out of district teams, and only one of them had a winning record at 15-12. Just because you have 2 good teams in your district, that doesn't make it the toughest in the state. I'm just curious, how many games have you seen this year, outside of Riverdale gym?

I will go locally anywhere Riverdale plays if I believe it could be a decent game, but frankly, I don't bother outside of the district, region and state tournament.  I do, however, watch multiple games if there is a big time Thanksgiving or Christmas tourney in the Boro that draws in national teams like in the past.  In the state tourney, I watch a lot of different teams play in all classifications.   When I can watch Riverdale play...why would I want to watch anything else?  It would be like drinking a Big K Cola when you are used to drinking Coca Cola.  

I have seen Bradley Central play this year... 4 times...

If Cumberland County beats Bradley Central, then Cumberland County will be in the picture... right now, for me, they really aren't in the picture. Prove me wrong..

Last time bradley played blackman bradley got a one point victory. Theyve beat the district 7 team last 3 times theyve played them in sectional round so that makes them better.

Yeah....if you want to go that far...the last time Riverdale played BC at Jim Smiddy, they beat BC on their home court...and there are still kids left on each team from that memory...  :rolleyes: I certainly hope you don't believe that and are trying to humor everyone.