AAA vs D2

D2wrestlingfan

Yes and Latona beat Holloway this year also, and Holloway has rolled around many times with Whitworth at MCCallie and gets the best of him, matches are made by styles so between the two at this time I would take Horst but it would be close.

River lost to Sammy this year at the McCallie invite 7-1, I know Sammy and Boykin haven't wrestled this year but between those two I take Boykin so I would think Boykin beats River much worse than Sammy did, might be wrong but just never know it's wrestling anything can happen.

Boykin beat Sammy 5-4 this year, but ask folks at Chattanooga who wins in the room.

Not sure what Scott Taylor has against Noah Horst. I know Noah may have been a bit rough with Emory at Cleveland earlier in the year but that's just wrestling. Whitworth is great kid and I'm sure at some point in their careers they will wrestle a match. They have trained together in the past at different times and are friends. Scott, no need to point out who has beat Noah in the past. He doesn't delete any event on Track nor does he run from competition. As Noah's father, I am very proud of what he has accomplished and thank each and every coach, wrestler, parent & even those who don't give him any credit for making him the young man he has become. He does read these comments and it pushes him to just wrestle harder.

Sam Latona did give Noah is only loss this year and after the match, I thanked Sam and his dad Norm for whopping him so bad. These kids can get comfortable and think they are working hard enough. Noah came back after his loss and worked harder! Noah wants to get better and for a kid that just turned 15 in January and winning a state title, I think he is doing alright.

Marty I have nothing against Noah at all and at no time has Noah ever been rough on Em. I think the world of Noah. He is a wonderful wrestler and a great young man. People were debating in this thread who would win all of the different weights and there were several post about who would win between Noah and Alex with some people stating that Alex would win and some people stating that Noah would win. Somebody posted that Alex's loss to Seeley. My first post on this thread was simply saying yes Alex lost to Seeley during his youth AAU days but you might want to consider his HS win over Bowers then somebody posted that Bowers HS win over Noah didn't count because apparently Garrett was heavier than Noah during that match.. My second post was simply ok if you don't want to count Bowers then let's consider both wrestlers experience with Sam Latona this HS season. There was no malice at all as all I was doing was just cross referencing the body of work of both wrestlers for people in here to decide who would win this fictional match. This is something that people do all the time on here and were doing in this thread. I never even gave an option as to who I thought would win this head to head match between Noah and Alex. Edited by durdon

Marty I have nothing against Noah at all and at no time has Noah ever been rough on Em. I think the world of Noah. He is a wonderful wrestler and a great young man. People were debating in this thread who would win all of the different weights and there were several post about who would win between Noah and Alex with some people stating that Alex would win and some people stating that Noah would win. Somebody posted that Alex's loss to Seeley. My first post on this thread was simply saying yes Alex lost to Seeley during his youth AAU days but you might want to consider his HS win over Bowers then somebody posted that Bowers HS win over Noah didn't count because apparently Garrett was heavier than Noah during that match.. My second post was simply ok if you don't want to count Bowers then let's consider both wrestlers experience with Sam Latona this HS season. There was no malice at all as all I was doing was just cross referencing the body of work of both wrestlers for people in here to decide who would win this fictional match. This is something that people do all the time on here and were doing in this thread. I never even gave an option as to who I thought would win this head to head match between Noah and Alex.

Yes, 11 straight. Every year he has wrestled. Would be amazing if he could make it to 14. I know that's his goal!!! If any kid could do it, it's him!!!

that would be some kind of accomplishment! Nobodys ever done it. He was the first 10x state champ, who says he cant get to 14 and make history again. And the fact hes won every year since he started is amazing. Kid knows how to win. Edited by Bump11

Ok whitworth majored the kid that beat the Fargo champ Sam Latona at the Compound Super 32 High School qualifier. The same qualifier that Whitworth finished 2nd in a 60 man bracket at 106 back in September. This is the same Sam Latona that just won Alabama State 7A title. And the same Sam Latona that gave Horst his one loss this year when he Tech Falled him 22-7 at SE pools tourney in Jan..

That 106 class is a jumbled mess on who the best is, i mean whitworth wrestled middle school at Super32 finished 4th, but i dont see who you are talking about him majoring a kid that beat Latona, but anyways. Latona during school season lost once this year to Matt Ramos who he later avenged that loss in same tourney. Sam did tech Horst and he only beat A/AA champ Holloway 9-1 this season. There really isnt a ton of crossover for either wrestler as Horst stayed mostly up in Middle TN and D2 106 this year was not competitive at all, while Horst did take on a higher quality field while i would say D2 106 was third best between the 3 divisions. I think we should try and get Whitworth-Horst-Holloway together and see if they can decide who the best is between them  B)

That 106 class is a jumbled mess on who the best is, i mean whitworth wrestled middle school at Super32 finished 4th, but i dont see who you are talking about him majoring a kid that beat Latona, but anyways. Latona during school season lost once this year to Matt Ramos who he later avenged that loss in same tourney. Sam did tech Horst and he only beat A/AA champ Holloway 9-1 this season. There really isnt a ton of crossover for either wrestler as Horst stayed mostly up in Middle TN and D2 106 this year was not competitive at all, while Horst did take on a higher quality field while i would say D2 106 was third best between the 3 divisions. I think we should try and get Whitworth-Horst-Holloway together and see if they can decide who the best is between them B)

At Super32 HS Qualifier in Ga, Whitworth beat that NC Stud Caeydn Fitch 14-5 in the semi finals..then Caedyn pinned Sam in the ¾ match.. Sam and Alex both lost to Logan Ashton of Ga. that Tourney.. Alex in the finals and Sam in the semi's.. results are on Flo arena..

On a side note, Sam did come back later in the year and beat Ashton at KC Stampede..

Exactly durdon, that class is a jumbled mess, until they wrestle heads up it's just something to play with and also Flowrestling SUCKS compared to track especially finding prior results. Also why would Whitworth wrestle in same class at the qualifier when he wrestled middle school and not high school at super 32 while Latona is a high schooler? And you are right Logan Ashton beat Alex this year and Latona beat Logan 3-1 and his only loss this year in high school was a Illinois kid that beat him 14-7, Sam beat him back for third in same tourney, seems he does pretty well with rematches. also seemed to me when I watched that Latona match vs Fitch it was like he didn't care, maybe I am wrong but just didn't seem like he cared if he won or lost. Seems like Fitch got hurt this year or something as he forfeited out at state in NC

That 106 class is a jumbled mess on who the best is, i mean whitworth wrestled middle school at Super32 finished 4th, but i dont see who you are talking about him majoring a kid that beat Latona, but anyways. Latona during school season lost once this year to Matt Ramos who he later avenged that loss in same tourney. Sam did tech Horst and he only beat A/AA champ Holloway 9-1 this season. There really isnt a ton of crossover for either wrestler as Horst stayed mostly up in Middle TN and D2 106 this year was not competitive at all, while Horst did take on a higher quality field while i would say D2 106 was third best between the 3 divisions. I think we should try and get Whitworth-Horst-Holloway together and see if they can decide who the best is between them B)

Cade and Alex practice a good bit together now and alex used to practice with Noah some before the Horst's moved to Nashville.

TN has a ton of talent around that weight. The 3 above plus Urachuck and Seeley And several who haven't made it to high school yet like Emory Taylor, Cody Chittum, Trae Mcdaniel, Cooper Flynn and Garrison Dendy (Ethan's cousin) who's in Ga but could very well end up in D2. All those kids have trained and competed against each other over the years and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Imagine how good they would be if we could get them training together on the regular with out a bunch of fat #### dads keeping score in the corner and posting it on the internet?

Edited by ChipW
  • Upvote 1