Predictions for 2018

WrestlingFanD1D2

I'm sticking to my guns. SD will be stronger next yr. They didn't have much for individuals this yr or last. Fact still remains not one team under #2nd beat them in the a regular season dual. Last yr they didn't even make the top 10 post season. They worked their way back to #3. I will leave it at that.

Edited by mrfixalot49

One of the main reasons Cleveland will stay on top next year is because of what they have coming up. Trae McDaniel, Aiden Bowers and others coming up are going to make Cleveland very very strong for the next few years.

And on top of that they have kids like Whiteside that should be back in the lineup.

SH has kids in the pipeline also. They also have kids who were JV this season that could have placed in Region and made noise at state. Stiltner was thrown in at the end, with a full varsity season he can go deep at state. Joseph Frye will be an immediate contributor. I see him on the same level as some of the highly talented freshmen who medaled this season. They only lose Brown up top. Hope they go back to Cleveland duals next year.

Again, not sure why people that think they know anything about Wrestling at all think that individual tournaments show who the strongest teams are? Seriously team strength is shown in duals where it is HEAD TO HEAD and the depth of a team can be shown. IF you don't have enough to make a full team sorry for you but not the other teams problem. So not sure why people keeping harping on something like individuals to see who the best teams are! Again there are a TON of things that can effect how much a team scores in an individual tournament. I mean seriously would people think TN high wasnt a top team if they came in this weekend and 3-4 of their studs had the flu and couldnt wrestle or even wrestle at 100% so they cant replace anyone in the lineup and so they almost have 3-4 kids that are there but cant wrestle to the best of their ability. Or in the case of Cleveland, they qualify 14, however their 106 cannot score any points at all because of a broken leg, so they are pretty much down to 13 wrestlers, Boeck most likely places at 220 and scores a few more, maybe not a ton but a few more points for Soddy, but breaks his leg. In a dual he can be replaced, maybe the wrestler that replaces him isnt as good, but at least they wouldn't just be giving up the 6 points, while in a individual tourney they aren't getting any more points from him.

My senior year we finished third in the state duals, individuals we finished second, we weren't better than that team that beat us two weeks before, I got a very favorable draw and ended up placing, while the kid from that team that beat me, had a bad draw and ended up out after 2 matches, he beat me by 5 points in the dual and it could have been worse, he ended up though having to fight it out with 2 previous state placers that didn't get seeded as they didn't win their regions, while i didn't face one until conso semi's in which i got majored before getting beat for 5th. My points though for my wins were enough to push us ahead of them for second. And the fight between Cleveland and Science Hill next year will be a good one, however with what Cleveland brings back PLUS what they are bringing from Higher Calling up they will be loaded for bear next year including bringing back Whiteside who finished Third last year before missing this year with an injury, he would have slotted in at 145 and most likely would have placed there as before he got hurt he had one of the closer matches with Knox Fuller only getting beat 10-0 instead of getting teched or pinned like most others :)

Again, i never said before that Soddy was the third best team in AAA, BUT I did say that to prove they aren't you have to actually BEAT them and OW's boys out West couldn't do it and no excuses for it because every team has injuries, people not making weight etc. Soddy was missing kids also, not an excuse for losing and in the individual tourney they just dont have the horses to finish very high, but as a dual team they had enough good wrestlers there and depth to beat almost anyone not named Bradley and Cleveland or in D2 Father Ryan, McCallie, Baylor or CBHS, but not many other teams did either.

Returning placers for Science Hill, Cleveland and TN High for next year

106-seeley-SH 5th 
113- Clev Bowers-3rd  TN-pendley-4th
120-Clev-Pond-3rd,  SH-Wysong-5th
138- Clev-mathews-4th 
152-SH- Arthur James-4th
160-SH-Diehl-3rd
285-clev- Swafford-3rd

Whiteside for cleveland should fit in around 145-160 next season as an 11th grader.

Beech returns:
 106-SC Horst
113-Palmer-RU
152-Rippy-3rd

Edited by cobrakid8