Region 2-AAA Tourney

SweetScience

Maryville scares me more than Bearden does as far as shooters. They're two totally different teams, though. I'll say one thing about Maryville. I'm glad # 0 is gone. He was a Wildcat killer in his career haha

Big Time Players Show up in Big Games & #0 Upchurch Showed Up in a Lot of Big Games. Best of Luck to Him on the Next Level, as well as ALL Kids that Get the Opportunity to Further their Careers & Get an Education . Good Luck to All

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they can go to SH and beat SH with a bunch of Sophomores, but I may be wrong. They're extremely talented though, that's for sure. Going up to Johnson City is a long ride and always hard to win there, especially with a bunch of Sophomores. But, they have the talent to do it, but until I see it I will pick the Hilltoppers in that one. Little bit more experience in the big games then Bearden has. I could very easily be wrong, though. We will see.

No doubt it will be tough for Bearden but they should be battle hardened after playing Maryville, Powell, and Oak Ridge in the last couple of weeks. Science Hill really struggled in Region vs Sevier County and Jefferson County so I know Bearden can play with them.

Maryville scares me more than Bearden does as far as shooters. They're two totally different teams, though. I'll say one thing about Maryville. I'm glad # 0 is gone. He was a Wildcat killer in his career haha

Upchurch was great against OR and it could have been even better. He had a couple of great three point looks that barely missed late in the game plus he got mugged ( I thought) on a jumper around the foul line that wasn't called.

Upchurch was great against OR and it could have been even better. He had a couple of great three point looks that barely missed late in the game plus he got mugged ( I thought) on a jumper around the foul line that wasn't called.

Yeah he did. A few barely rimmed out (Thank God). Can't say I remember him getting mugged, but I won't dispute it haha

Yeah he did. A few barely rimmed out (Thank God). Can't say I remember him getting mugged, but I won't dispute it haha

Not that it matters now, but Upchurch was fouled hard by Higgins in the 4th Quarter at about the 2 minute remaining mark, Oak Ridge picked up the ball and turned it into a 4 point game, pivotal no call. But everyone makes mistakes including officials, game could have gone either way & that's what you want to see in that type of setting. Much Respect to Both Teams

Not that it matters now, but Upchurch was fouled hard by Higgins in the 4th Quarter at about the 2 minute remaining mark, Oak Ridge picked up the ball and turned it into a 4 point game, pivotal no call. But everyone makes mistakes including officials, game could have gone either way & that's what you want to see in that type of setting. Much Respect to Both Teams

I honestly don't remember. I was so nervous that I really don't recall a lot of things from that game. I was so nervous I could hardly breathe lol. I'm surprised I don't remember if it was a pivotal 4 point swing. Yeah, it's unfortunate things like that happen, but like you said nobody is perfect. I'm sure we had some calls we didn't get either. In the end it usually ends up working itself out in terms of calls and non calls. Unfortunate that it was at a pivotal point in the game though. I have and always have had a lot of respect for the Maryville program. When you play them you know you're gonna have to be on your A game because they are always so well coached and fundamentally sound and don't make a lot of mistakes. (Just like their vaunted football program really).Much respect for the Rebels.

Edited by SweetScience

I honestly don't remember. I was so nervous that I really don't recall a lot of things from that game. I was so nervous I could hardly breathe lol. I'm surprised I don't remember if it was a pivotal 4 point swing. Yeah, it's unfortunate things like that happen, but like you said nobody is perfect. I'm sure we had some calls we didn't get either. In the end it usually ends up working itself out in terms of calls and non calls. Unfortunate that it was at a pivotal point in the game though. I have and always have had a lot of respect for the Maryville program. When you play them you know you're gonna have to be on your A game because they are always so well coached and fundamentally sound and don't make a lot of mistakes. (Just like their vaunted football program really).Much respect for the Rebels.

Refs aren't perfect, they missed the foul on Upchurch but refs also took away a layup by Young I believe on a pretty obvious flop by Maryville that was called a charge in the second half, too. Officiating was pretty good overall I thought.

Edited by Norman Dale

Refs aren't perfect, they missed the foul on Upchurch but refs also took away a layup by Young I believe on a pretty obvious flop by Maryville that was called a charge in the second half, too. Officiating was pretty good overall I thought.

Now I do remember that, but only because Green threw a FIT lol....I agree with you.