Region 2-AAA Tourney

SweetScience

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship Game was Played Tuesday, Upsets Happen & Mess Things Up Sometimes. But IMHO the 2 Best Teams in that Region were Oak Ridge & Maryville. Best of Luck to All Teams that Advance to Sub-State, that is Still a Great Accomplishment, Especially in the Big Schools

Maryville scares me more than Bearden does as far as shooters. They're two totally different teams, though. I'll say one thing about Maryville. I'm glad # 0 is gone. He was a Wildcat killer in his career haha

Championship Game was Played Tuesday, Upsets Happen & Mess Things Up Sometimes. But IMHO the 2 Best Teams in that Region were Oak Ridge & Maryville. Best of Luck to All Teams that Advance to Sub-State, that is Still a Great Accomplishment, Especially in the Big Schools

I agree, the District 4-AAA championship game was super important this year. Beating OR in an elimination game is a tall order in any year, especially this year with the experienced team the Wildcats have. Rebels played outstanding against OR but just came up short.

Gotta give Bearden credit, though. They beat Maryville 2 out of 3 this year so it wasn't a fluke win in district championship. They have a very good group of sophomores and I expect them to go on road and get the W to go to state tourney.

Edited by Norman Dale

I agree, the District 4-AAA championship game was super important this year. Beating OR in an elimination game is a tall order in any year, especially this year with the experienced team the Wildcats have. Rebels played outstanding against OR but just came up short.

Gotta give Bearden credit, though. They beat Maryville 2 out of 3 this year so it wasn't a fluke win in district championship. They have a very good group of sophomores and I expect them to go on road and get the W to go to state tourney.

I don't think they can go to SH and beat SH with a bunch of Sophomores, but I may be wrong. They're extremely talented though, that's for sure. Going up to Johnson City is a long ride and always hard to win there, especially with a bunch of Sophomores. But, they have the talent to do it, but until I see it I will pick the Hilltoppers in that one. Little bit more experience in the big games then Bearden has. I could very easily be wrong, though. We will see.

Final Science Hill 78 Crockett 51 OR will beat Crockett by 40

I may have to agree with that. We beat SH pretty handily in both games this year we played them in. We would've beaten them by 30 up there, but we subbed out and put all of our reserves in and they made a big run on us, and that games score looked a lot closer then it really was.