Region 2-AAA Tourney

SweetScience

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Wildcats.Been a very good run last 5 years or so.As of last night after the game word is that EJ is playing Monday.That could be massive if he can get in half way decent BB shape.Also good job on refs from games Ive watched this year.I will take a few bad calls over what I watch in college which is 100 fouls a game.Let them play.RWR

Refs aren't perfect, they missed the foul on Upchurch but refs also took away a layup by Young I believe on a pretty obvious flop by Maryville that was called a charge in the second half, too. Officiating was pretty good overall I thought.

It's Over & Done With Now But Here is a Little Recap of the Foul Shots Taken

Oak Ridge Shot 21 Foul Shots

Maryville Shot 2 Foul Shots

Makes a Difference in Any Game Anywhere

It's Over & Done With Now But Here is a Little Recap of the Foul Shots Taken

Oak Ridge Shot 21 Foul Shots

Maryville Shot 2 Foul Shots

Makes a Difference in Any Game Anywhere

Well, a lot of (most) of Maryville shots and points came from beyond the arc. We were able to penetrate Maryvill'es defense better then they were able to penetrate ours, and when you penetrate is when you get fouls. I think Maryville hit 12 or 13 threes and scored 43 points, so as I said most of their points were beyond the arc in that game. We only hit 2 or 3. That's why the big disparagement in fouls IMO. When you shoot most of your shots from 3 point range you just aren't gonna get a lot of fouls called on you. BTW NormanDale sure was right about Bearden. They spanked Science hill's Tail!

Edited by SweetScience

Yes

Well, a lot of (most) of Maryville shots and points came from beyond the arc. We were able to penetrate Maryvill'es defense better then they were able to penetrate ours, and when you penetrate is when you get fouls. I think Maryville hit 12 or 13 threes and scored 43 points, so as I said most of their points were beyond the arc in that game. We only hit 2 or 3. That's why the big disparagement in fouls IMO. When you shoot most of your shots from 3 point range you just aren't gonna get a lot of fouls called on you. BTW NormanDale sure was right about Bearden. They spanked Science hill's Tail!

That's correct, diving to the rim & getting the call makes a difference.Maryville hit 11 threes, 7 were made Bu #O Upchurch. I wish Oak Ridge nothing but the best going forward as well as Bearden. Green does a excellent job preparing his players with competition early in the season by traveling to excellent tournaments that challenge his kids. Best of luck to all the Teams Moving Forward

Yes

That's correct, diving to the rim & getting the call makes a difference.Maryville hit 11 threes, 7 were made Bu #O Upchurch. I wish Oak Ridge nothing but the best going forward as well as Bearden. Green does a excellent job preparing his players with competition early in the season by traveling to excellent tournaments that challenge his kids. Best of luck to all the Teams Moving Forward

Thanks buddy. Best wishes.

I get it right on a few occasions, sweet. But I really did believe strongly that the two Region 2 teams would make the state this year. I think OR, Bearden, Maryville, and Powell were all better than anybody in Region 1 this year.

Good luck to OR and Bearden in the state tourney. I hope they represent Region 2 well.