TenWay State Championships

WrestlingGod

TENWAY Tournament is up to 151, the event will take place! Registration is still open until Friday at 4pm, we encourage all to participate, please visit the TENWAY FB page. This is the first event. TENWAY IS AN Extention of NUWAY led by Dave Dean, Father of Gabe Dean! TN was voted in and recognized as a NUWAY member on 12/2/2016. No tournaments are currently planned at this time with the exception of our 1st Wvent on 3/4/2017. Events are already being planned for our state as well as many other NUWAY Affiliated including MI, PA, OH, NY, NY, CA, FL and many others! GHouse has voiced his displeasure and that's fine as he has the right to do so! His HS he attended is fully supporting and actually have a few of their best youth wrestler entered. GHouse doesn't have to attend either if he chooses not to! The event will go on with out him!

Not planning on sending anyone and honestly not planning on supporting the organization.

What exactly is your concerns with NUWAY? NUWAY PRIMARY FOCUS IS IN FOLKSTYLE! From your comments I assume you are against providing our youth more opportunities to compete! It's not like Organizations are beating doors down in Memphis! TENWAY ACTUALLY plans to start hosting Folkstyle events in Memphis! How many has AAU HOSTED There? It's unfortunate that you're against it but others in Memphis are supportive. TENWAY will not interfere with USA. You have a right not to support the organization and that's fine. We welcome you but we will move forward with or without your support!

Perhaps you can explain why Mr. Dean as well as so many other parents and coaches in Michigan promoted MYWA to begin with. You seem to know something about it. Maybe some folks would have a better understanding why they did it. Maybe some folks affiliated with AAU don't know the truth. I think some do and I'm not naming names here, but choose to ignore it and they are making the same mistakes that folks affiliated with AAU Michigan were making. Mostly selfishness and greed. Some others may see NUWAY as a continuation of folkstyle into the Freestyle/Greco Roman season. I don't believe calling people out on coacht is going to solve the problems or resolve differences but instead will create more problems and differences. You may like to eat McDonald's and I may not. It doesnt mean McDonald's isn't good, right? Fairness and honesty still goes a long way in our society and I believe we can still be civil towards each other and accomplish our goals and desires. It's for the kids after all. NUWAY and USA seem to have a good relationship in Michigan today, AAU not so much. I am not trying to change peoples minds about one organization over another, I am simply saying a better understanding of the problem may help with the cure.

Edited by Hamblin
  • Upvote 2