BATTLE B/T BOYD & SOUTH PITT

2Strong

WOW!!! Y'all must really have some more phychic powers!! To know why a kid's family sends them to a private school- and how the administrators bent the rules to get them there! And how they were selected to be great athletes at such an early age! And how they ended up football players! All without knowing any of the people or even talking to the ones involved! Man-I want you two guys to select some stocks for me, I'll borrow the money to invest!!

You don't have any facts to stand on- because they do not exist! The only thing you have is what you're standing in!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to know these kids and their families and you sould be surprised to know the facts about them. I personally think it's cowardly to accuse these families without knowing the facts. If you want a private discussion with names, dates, faces and histories just let me know. That is an open challenge.

Another more involoved BBS person can correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure Coach Akins has very little to do with the admissions program. Of course he has final say in everything because hes the president of the school but as far as actually seeing who gets in and who doesnt he has very little to do with that process. And besides, what incredible athlete does BBS have that he would have even let in? The key players on the football team have been at the school long before Coach Akins. Just as 37421 said...you guys need to come with facts and names and not just speculations and stereotypes.

• 3 weeks later...

SPMOM,

I swear, you think that PRESIDENT Akins has the time To look at every student that comes into our school and figure out how good they are at a sport. He has way more important things to do like raise money for the school. in fact I may be wrong but that is his main job at Boyd-Buchanan. Maybe you should just realize that coach Akins has brought Boyd's football from the depths of awfulness to a power house in this state, and that he is just a very good coach, motivator, friend, man, etc.

I hear what you are saying about Coach (excuse me PRESIDENT) Akins having alot to do but you insult my intelligence if you think that I believe that he doesn't know when an athlete is applying. Come on now...I know he has a lot to do and he is a great man but get real. I get tired of reading these threads where you private school fans state what common sense and intuition says is not true and expect people to believe it. I may have been educated in a public school but I can still sort through the bull!

[Edited by SPMOM on 1-13-03 2:47P]

[Edited by SPMOM on 1-13-03 2:48P]

I am not insulting anyone's intelligence, just their knowledge of a subject. Mr Akins is not involved with the process of admitting students. Can he make reccomendations? Sure. So can you. Or me. Or anybody. Can he "get" an athlete accepted over other applicants? No way. He has a board of diectors, three principles, an admissions office, and the TSSAA to answer to in that regard. Beyond that, he has his own conscience and reputation as being a Godly and fair man to answer to. No football season is worth losing your JOB (school President) over or losing your reputation over.

I have seen way too much to think otherwise.