1. 1. Top Region Team in 2017?

• Camden
    • Cheatham County
    • Fairview
    • Harpeth
    • Stewart County
    • Sycamore

32 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Darius James is a senior football player who recently transferred to Fairview High School in Williamson County.  He was a member of the Sycamore football team until last weekend.  

That was definitely a watered down version of the events, but I guess its a good start. I have to laugh though at your description of him as: "a member of the Sycamore Football team", after your previous description of him was "the most dynamic player in the region". So let's explain it to the people like this:

Arguably the most dynamic player in the region, transfers to a school within the region, two weeks before opening night. 

Now, let's get to the meat and potatoes of the issue...eligibility. 

Edited by DariusJamesLivesWithUs

47 minutes ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

That was definitely a watered down version of the events, but I guess its a good start. I have to laugh though at your description of him as: "a member of the Sycamore Football team", after your previous description of him was "the most dynamic player in the region". So let's explain it to the people like this:

Arguably the most dynamic player in the region, transfers to a school within the region, two weeks before opening night. 

Now, let's get to the meat and potatoes of the issue...eligibility. 

Once again I was keeping it brief and PG.  Is he eligible?  That's a great question.  You see his father has established residency in Fairview and has provided documentation stating that he is the young man's primary guardian.  Is that suitable for the TSSAA to declare him eligible at Fairview High School?  That's the $1,000,000 question.  I definitely know where he is not eligible (or wanted) to play now.  

Honestly I would say that this case will be easier for the TSSAA to make a decision on than the one involving a young man from Nashville Christian transferring to Siegel.  NPA Driven

Edited by howdoitknow

I guess the one thing we can all agree on is: the TSSAA WILL have to deal with it, it's not going away. The James family may have covered their basis on paperwork, but it doesn't change that this was a football move. They can paint it however they want to, but it was a football move. Your address can say Fairview, but the practices under a Sycamore helmet...the heat acclimation paperwork...say ineligible. 

21 minutes ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

I guess the one thing we can all agree on is: the TSSAA WILL have to deal with it, it's not going away. The James family may have covered their basis on paperwork, but it doesn't change that this was a football move. They can paint it however they want to, but it was a football move. Your address can say Fairview, but the practices under a Sycamore helmet...the heat acclimation paperwork...say ineligible. 

With Week One being just one week away I would say that this issue will be resolved fast

1 hour ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

That comment leads me to believe that you think he will be eligible to play in Fairview after sitting out his 1 game suspension. 

I think that's the only way he will agree to play football while he attends Fairview.  Why would he attend a school as a senior and play football when he is declared ineligible?  That would be a waste of his time when he could be in the weight room getting bigger, faster, and stronger with hopes of playing in 2018 at a college.  

BooWhoWiseMan, he has already practiced for one week at Fairview and enrolled at Fairview.  If he decided to move back that would most definitely make him ineligible.  

I think you are missing my point...why are we talking about what HE wants to do, or what HE agrees to do? He isnt the one who determines if he is eligible to play. The issue right now is his eligibility at FAIRVIEW, not Sycamore! He practiced with Sycamore, he did his heat acclimation with Sycamore...the gray area right now is his Fairview eligibility. He is more than within his rights to attend any school he wants, but that has nothing to with his sports eligibility. Im not saying Coach Hughes has done anything wrong, but does Fairview think that the 5 other coaching staffs in the region are just gonna sit by and not say something to the TSSAA? Do they think the parents at Sycamore are gonna sit by and at least not make a public stink, to raise attention to this? Hughes is gambling big time with his team's future if James steps on that field in the regular season.