McMinn vs. McMinn Central Cross Creek Rivalry

logcabinman

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Not heard that, Buc.  Personally not for it.  I mean I get McMinn has the means to handle the crowd, but it has always seemed fine at Central.

I agree with you.  Though it may be more financially rewarding, there's just nothing like playing on your own turf in your own stadium.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, plumb69 said:

Two questions on this rivalry:

1. How many years has this been the season opener? Years ago this was the last game on the schedule.

2. What is the overall record?

This has been a really good series over the years.

McMinn Central has won 4 or 5 games since the school opened. Last two wins came in 1988 and 2014........Been a few close games in between. Game was not played for a couple of  years Brandon Derrick coached.  To my knowledge Central has never won at McMinn.

McMinn needs a win before playing Farragut, Rhea County and Maryville in the next three weeks following the Central  game.

11 hours ago, Charger64 said:

McMinn Central has won 4 or 5 games since the school opened. Last two wins came in 1988 and 2014........Been a few close games in between. Game was not played for a couple of  years Brandon Derrick coached.  To my knowledge Central has never won at McMinn.

McMinn needs a win before playing Farragut, Rhea County and Maryville in the next three weeks following the Central  game.

May have been 88' at the old McMinn Field, not sure?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, Charger64 said:

Thank you. Rough night for the Chargers tonight.