McMinn vs. McMinn Central Cross Creek Rivalry

logcabinman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

This game should be a lot more competitive than it was last year. McMinn's got some really talented young men in their freshman and sophomore classes. I don't know anything about Central yet, so I'd have to give the edge to the Cherokees....because they have the home-field. 

Central has a lot of youngens too.  They are a scrappy bunch.  Should be interesting, even though McMinn should always win this game with school size so much bigger.  Usually Central has the talent to be competitive, just not the depth.

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Central has a lot of youngens too.  They are a scrappy bunch.  Should be interesting, even though McMinn should always win this game with school size so much bigger.  Usually Central has the talent to be competitive, just not the depth.

Anytime Central has a Davis on defense, they are definitely scrappy! 

15 hours ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Anytime Central has a Davis on defense, they are definitely scrappy! 

He does play hard, but they have moved him to D-tackle and D-End out of necessity.  He loves it though.  So much potential with this team, but so many questions as well.  Hope for a good year.

The Cherokees have some talent, but some are young and many just don't have much experience.  Meigs County starters beat McMinn's starters in a scrimmage last Friday.  McMinn will improve as the season moves along, but with their schedule they'll be fortunate to break .500.  Central is in the same boat - lots of good young talent that will have to grow up fast to win half their games. 

The Black & Blue game is always enjoyable to watch for the fans on both sides of the creek.  In this game the coaches of each team will see who wants to play and contribute this season. 

15 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

Chargers are too young. The Freshman and Sophomores are loaded but only a handful are ready to play at this level. Rumors of a couple transfers today. Any truth to this? Will they help? This team desperately needs O and D Linemen. This game will be lost in the trenches. 

McMinn 32

Central 12

Have not heard this yet?

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Looks like it is Channel 3 game of the week.  Looking for a good crowd and hopefully good weather.  Hoping for a fun competitive game, injury free for both teams.

I recently heard that all future games between these schools will be played at McMinn County's stadium, with revenue split each year?  

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

I recently heard that all future games between these schools will be played at McMinn County's stadium, with revenue split each year?  

Not heard that, Buc.  Personally not for it.  I mean I get McMinn has the means to handle the crowd, but it has always seemed fine at Central.