Official govs vs panthers

14 hours ago, LCVolman said:

They also called a 99 yd LC touchdown back if were counting ref points left on the field.

Congrats to LC. I thought this was a win  for WB.I think the Govs have better athletes, but I just heard Bill Satterfield is coaching at LC. Huge get for LC! I don't think its a coincidence that LC as team is that much better in one yr and Satterfield is on the staff. 

Having the right adults/ coaches in place is the most important part of changing  a teams culture and putting them on the right track.Adults that set an example of running from competition or excusing unacceptable behavior do a disservice to the kids

You guys made a great choice in Coach Satt. Congrats and good luck the next rest of the year.

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Heard my old coach Bill Satterfield is helping LC.if so congrats on the win!!Smart move on LC to bring him in.

Yes! He is. They moved Cortez back to defense which is what his strong suit is. He had been the OC. They brought in coach Satterfield to the staff. I think he is a line coach.They brought up the OC from the JV team who has been on the staff for 10 years and doing an awesome job with that position. They also have coach Wilhitte who just took over the middle school program after wampler "left". Sounds like they're getting it together. They also brought in Travis Cozart who is coaching wide recievers which is a huge deal imo. Now we have several of the same coaches on the highschool staff who are working with the LC little league, and middle school program as coaches too. Now the kids will literally grow up getting to learn the high school system from an early age, and the kids will get to know their coaches from an early age. Give LC a couple years, and they'll really get things turned around. Friday was a good start. Don't know how injured the QB is so it will be interesting to see how they do with a 2nd string QB the whole game Friday against Loudon.

LC has a few nice athletes and I'm sure the changes in the coaching staff have made a big impact, but somehow it doesn't make me feel any better about that loss. The reality is LC is still probably the worst team we'll play all season. That's not a knock on LC at all. It's just a testament to how tough our schedule is.  All the teams we will play this season performed well this past friday, Stone Memorial being the only exception. 

If our performance against LC is an indication on how this season will go, Stone Memorial is the only team I can see us beating. And even that is not guaranteed because I have seen WB come out and get blown out by an 0-9 Bearden team that hadnt even come close to winning a game all season up to that point.  

On 8/19/2017 at 1:11 PM, 32hammer said:

Congrats to LC. I thought this was a win  for WB.I think the Govs have better athletes, but I just heard Bill Satterfield is coaching at LC. Huge get for LC! I don't think its a coincidence that LC as team is that much better in one yr and Satterfield is on the staff. 

Having the right adults/ coaches in place is the most important part of changing  a teams culture and putting them on the right track.Adults that set an example of running from competition or excusing unacceptable behavior do a disservice to the kids

You guys made a great choice in Coach Satt. Congrats and good luck the next rest of the year.

I believe that is the deciding factor!!Good coaches get more from less when the have too.Satterfield is a proven winner,Cozart since he has gotten his life turned around has done wonderful things with the youth league at LC my nephew played for him the past couple years.LC is changing it up with proven winners and it looks as if itnis working so far!

27 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I believe that is the deciding factor!!Good coaches get more from less when the have too.Satterfield is a proven winner,Cozart since he has gotten his life turned around has done wonderful things with the youth league at LC my nephew played for him the past couple years.LC is changing it up with proven winners and it looks as if itnis working so far!

Satterfield knows how to win and knows how to do it when you don't always have more talent other team. If he had been hired as HC at WB in 2009....we'll never know exactly, but things would definitely    be a lot different than  are now