Hardin Valley vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

3 hours ago, atrisk said:

Absolutely is !! Hopefully the new offense was not too hard to implement.  My thinking is alot of the way the season will go rest on the legs of #2.

Very interesting. I have NEVER viewed the season to have much to do with the "legs" of #2...his "arm", yes...but not his "legs". Please explain

Looks like we are going to line up in some sort of spread formation most of the time. This will enable #2 to see the field and receivers somewhat better (in theory). This formation will automatically make him a running back(single wing type). He can run the ball and if he gets to the second level of the defence,  some DB wii suffer "stingers" trying to get him to the ground. I believe his running will have to be accounted for by the opposition.  IMO.

34 minutes ago, catswild said:

Very interesting. I have NEVER viewed the season to have much to do with the "legs" of #2...his "arm", yes...but not his "legs". Please explain

7 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Looks like we are going to line up in some sort of spread formation most of the time. This will enable #2 to see the field and receivers somewhat better (in theory). This formation will automatically make him a running back(single wing type). He can run the ball and if he gets to the second level of the defence,  some DB wii suffer "stingers" trying to get him to the ground. I believe his running will have to be accounted for by the opposition.  IMO.

I'm not sure his speed will ever put him at the second level but you're right, he looks like he's a load and will punish those would be tacklers. 

13 hours ago, atrisk said:

2nd level sometimes, sometimes not. I'm "old school" give me 4 or 5 YDS. between tackles anytime. Maybe we should go to a different thread to discuss specifics. This is HV vs OR.

You brought up the idea of #2, his legs, and his getting to the 2nd level. Since #2 is the OR QB, your belong on this thread. If you want to have a "general" discussion of the 2nd level and the game of football, then let's go to another thread!

29 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

We have no chance in this new region. The OR's, CC's, Powell's, and the new Clinton's of this region seem to have it locked up. Maybe we should just take our ball and go back to 4A.

To the contrary, Fulton should win this region hands down...just ask'em!  But seriously, other than Maryville and Alcoa, who has been better around for the last MANY years? Based on returning talent I would rank the top three in our region to be 1) Fulton, 2) OR 3) West.............but I sure hope we beat Fulton. Right now I'm worried about HVA. Too many unknowns about OR and HVA played even against Fulton without playing their best player.