Hardin Valley vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

3 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

This will be a good game. Outside of Dykes, HVA is still trying to find itself, trust me. But I saw the OR vs Maryville scrimmage and honestly I figured OR would have done better than they did. Their Oline couldn't keep Maryville out of the backfield at all. JG is a homerun threat on every play so how he does will be the key. Hard pick, give me OR-24 HVA-21

Why would you expect OR to do "better than it did" against the most successful 6A program in the history of high school football in Tennessee?

3 hours ago, catswild said:

Because if you have a good defense, you won't give up 21 points...especially in your first game!

Not sure how you figure that. The game of football has increasingly become dominated by offense. With all the spread and no huddle stuff it is hard to shut people down. Even Maryville gives up some points these days.

Dykes will get his yards and two TDs. The same for Graham. Stewart to Caleb will keep HVA defense honest. Like OR's Kicking game. Like OR's young play makes like Booker and Pendergrass. Should be a real close contest. Both teams may make several early season mistakes. TOs may be the key. I'm a homer so I'll take OR 21 HVA 17.

RWR