Who has the best chance to unseat Brentwood

BruinBabe

I will go with Ravenwood. They actually have more depth than B'wood, 2 or 3 deep at every position. They have plenty of size, and skilled athletes who are accustomed to playing at a high level in the club season.

But realistically, nobody in AAA does. Brentwood will simply serve teams off the court.

Only Brentwood can unseat Brentwood, but I do not see that happening for several more years now. 

Every player is an underclass(woman).  All of their junior class will all be playing volleyball at the next level in two years. They have 3 freshman on the team and 2 of those 3 would start for 90% of all TN high school teams.  Brentwood Middle has 3 girls that are 5'11 or taller (one is a setter) that are still growing and can really play.

The future is bright.

Wow. Stats were posted onto (a competitive website for high school sports), and they show that Shaye Eggleston took 62 swings in her varsity debut against Siegel.

Just for fun, let's assume Brentwood continues to play 50+ matches per year, and she keeps up that pace for a 4-year varsity career. That puts her at >12k swings for her high school career. That would be a record of some sort, no?

Edited by JMAVU9193
wasn't aware of restriction against naming another site

15 hours ago, JMAVU9193 said:

Wow. Stats were posted onto (a competitive website for high school sports), and they show that Shaye Eggleston took 62 swings in her varsity debut against Siegel.

Just for fun, let's assume Brentwood continues to play 50+ matches per year, and she keeps up that pace for a 4-year varsity career. That puts her at >12k swings for her high school career. That would be a record of some sort, no?

If she had 62 swings, I would assume 58 were in play.  Once her sister returns those swings will go way down. 

I was at the Brentwood/Father Ryan  game last night and I'm here to tell you, if you want to see two All-State back row players, then go watch Brentwood.  Andrea (Furman signee) and Mo (Freshman who will play at the highest level in college) are absolutely phenomenal.  Smooth, consistent,  great passers, and can read the play.    

1 hour ago, VBDad615 said:

Teetertot, I was also at the Brentwood/Father Ryan game last night (Father Ryan DD). I agree with you about Mo & Andrea, a great combo, very few mistakes. Brentwood's young group will keep them rolling until Logan returns. 

VBDad615 - How do you feel Father Ryan will be this year compared to your district?  That's the first FR game I've seen but it's hard to judge a teams overall strength when playing against Brentwood.  The first set yesterday was a rough one but looked like FR settled down the next two and played pretty well.

FR is scrappy and that helps keep them in games. The lack of a true finisher (IMO) at OH hurts when a point is needed. They have some freshmen and sophomores mixed in that are still finding their roles and will continue to improve as the season progresses. A few of them got an opportunity half way through the first set when it was getting out of hand and continued playing in sets 2 & 3, good experience gained with the chance. In our district it looks like BA is stepping up their game this year. I havent seen Baylor this year but expect them to be one of the favorites again. We head off to Knoxville tomorrow and open up with Webb & Siegel, two tough ones to start the weekend.