Smith County @ Macon Co

tnchad1980

Who Wins  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Tigers or Owls

• Macon Co
    • Smith Co

7 minutes ago, RTD said:

Really why would anyone be scared to play MC TC tried to schedule MC for hen coach Creasy was still the coach yea TC is scared to play MC when TC schedule 6A teams and private teams TC navy travels anywhere and would play any team when MC puts Gallatin or south Pitt or Friendship or maybe even play Gordonsville instead of scheduling westmoreland and Jackson co every year then we can have this conversation about scheduling 

Good question RTD. TC should never be afraid to play Macon, but the truth is Creasy and TC dodged Macon after the loss in 2014 on the creekbank. He knew what was coming the next two years and tucked tail and ran. TC and Macon had played the same week of the season for several years so there should have been no scheduling conflicts. Macon had to schedule a team coming off a 1 point loss in the KY 6A state championship game that was 3 hours away. I am sure they would have much rather played TC. It really is embarrassing that any TC team would avoid Macon but the truth is you did. TC is loaded again and now you want to put Macon back on the schedule. This thread is about MC and Smith. This is shaping up to be a good game. If MC can limit the impact King and Shepperson have on the game they win, if not it could be a long night. 

29 minutes ago, geo1126 said:

Thank you Guru for clarification ! And by the way Macon has had a very tough region with the likes of Pearl Cohn and maple wood and Springfield to name a few cause we don't get a region with rbs Pickett co and Monterey to rest with til playoff time!!!  Gimme a break. 

I'm not going to enter the debate about who was scared of who. But, unless you play up, you don't have much of a say of who's in your region. You play schools your size in your geographical vicinity.

It may be beginning to get a little different, but for the most part Macon has been losing to smaller schools for years. That seems to be changing, however.

Back to Macon-Smith, I look for Macon to win this one in a high scoring affair.

3 hours ago, geo1126 said:

I'm pretty sure Macon being scared of anyone is over with! Tc has been scared to play us last two years. I'm really surprised they are this year?? 

Come on, seriously? TC scared of Macon? I mean MC good with Carlise but this is a big stretch. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

1 hour ago, Footballguru05 said:

Good question RTD. TC should never be afraid to play Macon, but the truth is Creasy and TC dodged Macon after the loss in 2014 on the creekbank. He knew what was coming the next two years and tucked tail and ran. TC and Macon had played the same week of the season for several years so there should have been no scheduling conflicts. Macon had to schedule a team coming off a 1 point loss in the KY 6A state championship game that was 3 hours away. I am sure they would have much rather played TC. It really is embarrassing that any TC team would avoid Macon but the truth is you did. TC is loaded again and now you want to put Macon back on the schedule. This thread is about MC and Smith. This is shaping up to be a good game. If MC can limit the impact King and Shepperson have on the game they win, if not it could be a long night. 

Not buying it. TC drops Macon to schedule folks like Gallatin and Lebanon......lol. 

1 hour ago, geo1126 said:

Thank you Guru for clarification ! And by the way Macon has had a very tough region with the likes of Pearl Cohn and maple wood and Springfield to name a few cause we don't get a region with rbs Pickett co and Monterey to rest with til playoff time!!!  Gimme a break. 

How tough is the region now with Dekalb and Cumberland Co? 

50 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I'm not going to enter the debate about who was scared of who. But, unless you play up, you don't have much of a say of who's in your region. You play schools your size in your geographical vicinity.

It may be beginning to get a little different, but for the most part Macon has been losing to smaller schools for years. That seems to be changing, however.

I like Macon, the coaching , and the qb. The true test of the program is their record the next two years after the once in a lifetime players graduates. I say they come back to reality. 

38 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Croz you are spot on. There is no doubt TC and Gordonsville are both historically better programs than Macon. That's what makes it even more embarrassing for TC. We all know no matter how good or bad Macon is, they will most likely be your best gate of the year. Macon ended a 14 game win streak for TC who was coming off a state championship. Macon did this with a bunch of sophomores and freshmen. TC knew they were going to get boat raced the next two years so they avoided Macon. There is no other logical explanation. I do understand all of TC was not scared of Macon, but you can't deny that the person making out the schedule wasn't and that man was Kevin Creasy. I will say, it would be pretty embarrassing for a TC head coach to lose to Macon three years in a row with the rich history and athletes TC has produced. Creasy may have feared what Clint would do or say had this happened so he left MC off the schedule. Smith County has the edge if this things turns into a track meet.

7 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Not buying it. TC drops Macon to schedule folks like Gallatin and Lebanon......lol. 

Don't care if you buy it or not. What other explanation is there? Macon will fall back and be about like Upperman after they lost their all world QB. As long as the administration leaves the staff alone Macon will continue to win 4-6 games a year and every 3 or 4 years win 8 or so. I am a realist and understand where MC fits in the scheme of things. I will give you Gallatin but Lebanon is garbage. There is no doubt our region is much more favorable now than it was before.

Please see the schedule below. Looks like a real tough one. LOL! Creasy scheduled down, there is no doubt about it. 
Date   Opponent   Result
 Fri Aug. 21 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #22 Westmoreland 

W 13-7
 Fri Aug. 28 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Clay County R 

W 33-0
 Fri Sep. 4 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #12 Upperman 

L 14-34
 Fri Sep. 11 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Jo Byrns R 

L 14-20
 Fri Sep. 18 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Gordonsville R 

W 35-0
 Fri Sep. 25 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #20 Monterey R 

W 42-21
 Fri Oct. 9 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Pickett County R 

W 41-6
 Fri Oct. 16 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Middle Tennessee Christian R 

W 39-21
 Fri Oct. 23 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Red Boiling Springs R 

W 42-7
 Fri Oct. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #1 Nashville Christian R 

L 14-43

59 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:
Please see the schedule below. Looks like a real tough one. LOL! Creasy scheduled down, there is no doubt about it. 
Date   Opponent   Result
 Fri Aug. 21 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #22 Westmoreland 

W 13-7
 Fri Aug. 28 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Clay County R 

W 33-0
 Fri Sep. 4 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #12 Upperman 

L 14-34
 Fri Sep. 11 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Jo Byrns R 

L 14-20
 Fri Sep. 18 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Gordonsville R 

W 35-0
 Fri Sep. 25 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #20 Monterey R 

W 42-21
 Fri Oct. 9 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Pickett County R 

W 41-6
 Fri Oct. 16 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Middle Tennessee Christian R 

W 39-21
 Fri Oct. 23 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Red Boiling Springs R 

W 42-7
 Fri Oct. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #1 Nashville Christian R 

L 14-43

Only two of those were non-region games, so those are the only ones they had any choice in who they scheduled.