Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I thought for sure he would be gone but I guess not. I know of 2 that want to leave but can't. One middle school kid enrolled at JMS so I guess you lost one there too.

It's sad because Wingo and Braden would come over all the time after games. I still see Wingo a lot and he's much happier than he was the past couple years. like I said. If I didn't make that promise to boys when I got full custody they'd be in Dunlap.

1 minute ago, bwhite1965 said:

Talking to parents some financially just can't make the move. In the end our kids are getting short changed. They don't get to experience the things schools 20-30 miles from us do. I don't think I will attend one game this year.

I understand. I hope for the kids to do well but I don't like your coach. He was shady in that deal with Wingo and us and the mom will back us up too. He's tried to get into the Whitwell dealings with Wingo as well. He needs to be gone. Like tomorrow!

Ethan and Evan would be playing on any team in the Seq valley area if they wanted to.. Both could start at other schools, they're just as good of Football players as the rest that have left. Infact I think  to this day, Evan is the best out of all of them.  They're just in an environment where the head man has no clue on how to run a successful program to today's standards.     

1 minute ago, Grundyplayer said:

Ethan and Evan would be playing on any team in the Seq valley area if they wanted to.. Both could start at other schools, they're just as good of Football players as the rest that have left. Infact I think  to this day, Evan is the best out of all of them.  They're just in an environment where the head man has no clue on how to run a successful program to today's standards.     

South Pitt is to far, but I was thinking hard about jasper. Dunlap is easier, plus it helps that the fans, coaches and especially the kids carry themselves with class. They could have put Ethan out of the game at anytime last year and didn't. After the beating that kid took his freshman year i was a nervous wreck lol

16 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I understand. I hope for the kids to do well but I don't like your coach. He was shady in that deal with Wingo and us and the mom will back us up too. He's tried to get into the Whitwell dealings with Wingo as well. He needs to be gone. Like tomorrow!

Shady isn't even the half of him...I've had a family member play under him. It will disgust you even more. I figured he might try and get Josh in trouble. He might...naw he couldn't...if he would worry about his team be a better coach. 

Edited by bwhite1965
Left word out

9 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Has to be hard to leave your school and your friends but they wanted to win and to be brutally honest  that's not gonna happen in Grundy.

I've talked to one of the many dads and he says his kid is an all around better player. The town is supportive, they show up to games, they have faith and rightfully so in their head coaches. Heck who wouldn't want to play for an Adam Cain, a Vic Grider, a Joseph Mathis...these guys carry themselves with true class. They win. Casey can't hold a light to any of them. Now he thinks he is greater than any of those coaches...he seriously does. Hollers recruiting all of the time...recruiting doesn't have to occur...why stay here? Tries to get people in trouble and has succeeded a few times. The whole deal with Marion and Wingo was a crock of bull and he just tried to smear Marions program and Woodlee's name.

Edited by bwhite1965
Missing

27 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Supposedly a man from Tracy City went down to Jasper and found out the truth and the people involved in that ordeal. But I'm not sure why he never pushed it. 

Edited by BamaRules

8 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

South Pitt is to far, but I was thinking hard about jasper. Dunlap is easier, plus it helps that the fans, coaches and especially the kids carry themselves with class. They could have put Ethan out of the game at anytime last year and didn't. After the beating that kid took his freshman year i was a nervous wreck lol

He's all day tough,  Ethan did what almost no Freshman should be asked to do.  He should been shown a little more confidence in his ability by his staff, what he went through would have ruined most players, they'd never want to play again, and he just went out there and kept trying to win.    

Just now, BamaRules said:

Supposedly a man from Tracy City went down to Jasper and found out the truth and the people involved in that ordeal. But he had to bail off that ship because of other things that happened. 

There's more to it than the average Joe knows. We should have been smarter but I do believe Coach Mathis thought he was doing the right thing. All water under the bridge now.