Governors travel over to maverick country

2 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

If AC Cleans up the sloppy play and plays the way they are capable they will pull away in this one, if they have other night full of penalties and mistakes then WB has a shot.  Either way I think AC gets the win Friday, I just think they have too much offense.  And if they do not fix the Kick Coverage team quickly I fear they will allow teams a short field all year and multiple run backs, got to get that fixed, AC can stay out of shootouts and put teams away if they just play disciplined and not give the other teams short fields and free scores.   

Sounds bout like us we gave Lenoir City short field and played sloppy got lot flags too we have some fast returners that almost broke a few last night 

1 minute ago, fooseball95 said:

Oh GOD!

Read my earlier post in this thread. We spotted them their first 14 points.  One was a busted play where their QB avoided a sack and was able to find a wide open receiver because our freshman corner had gotten sucked in and left him all alone. Their next touchdown was gift wrapped in our bad snap on a punt that gave them the ball inside the 10. 

We had 2 touchdowns called back, a 2 point conversion called back, and multiple big plays that would have resulted in first downs called back. We got flagged for over 100 yards in penalties.

TG WB is no push over. They had a bad night. They will be hyped for the AC game. 1st just about anyone could have beat AC 2nd half very few teams could have beat AC. The problem is if AC does not show up for 1 half it will be a long night. AC does have great offense but defense struggles to find adustments quickly. WB will most likely take advantage. But in all fairness this was 1 St game Jitters and we will see which team has settled down, Friday night. Go Mavs!

2 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

So is WB. I guess some of you have never seen a team play uncharacteristically bad and lose a game they shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

I see it often. Just not as often as WB does it based on your assessment of all the games. 

Im gonna take AC by a Booms Day finale!

3 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I hope to see a much better effort from the Govs in this game, win or lose. The coaches and players know they are better than what they showed last night. We'll see how they respond to it.

How healthy is WB coming into the game Friday? Did they make it injury free from Friday? Not heard if the Mavs are fully healthy but it appears they are.

Edited by Mavericksinflight
Spelling

20 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I know I'll get shiz for "making excuses," but Lenoir City's first couple of touchdowns were pretty cheap.  First of all, on their first touchdown their QB scrambled to avoid a sack and our freshman corner got sucked in and left a receiver wide open for an easy touchdown. It was a busted play that ended up working out for them. Their second touchdown came off of a bad snap on our first punt that gave them the ball inside the 10. The reality is we spotted them 14 easy points right off the bat.  Other than that, they got a few big plays. They by no means moved the ball on us consistently or easily.

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you these governor boys and that durn Shadowens man better lift some weights this week to get real strong.  If that Shadowens man cant even beat these Lenoir boys he may not win a game.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you these governor boys and that durn Shadowens man better lift some weights this week to get real strong.  If that Shadowens man cant even beat these Lenoir boys he may not win a game.  You think im joking but im not. 

What did Murphy say about this mess?