Marion County vs Sequatchie County

5 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Should definitely be a step up in competition. 

I agree! Cain is a very good coach, they will be well prepared I'm sure. The defense was very surprising against Hixson IMO. Even with the size advantage MC dominated on both sides. These MC boys might be a touch smaller than last year's squad, but they will knock your mouth piece out! I was also impressed with the defensive speed, they attack the ball quick!

27 minutes ago, Astimeexpires01 said:

I agree! Cain is a very good coach, they will be well prepared I'm sure. The defense was very surprising against Hixson IMO. Even with the size advantage MC dominated on both sides. These MC boys might be a touch smaller than last year's squad, but they will knock your mouth piece out! I was also impressed with the defensive speed, they attack the ball quick!

Yes they looked good. I was impressed with the freshmen on defense in the 4th. They were flying to the ball and weren't afraid of contact. Usually the younger ones will shy away but they didn't. I'm glad Hixson kept their 1's in for them to get some valuable game experience. 

• Upvote 1

SC is a lot better than Hixson. Can't really gauge MC on that win. This will sound odd to those that weren't there but the offense really didn't play as well as they could have. Missed out on quite a few chances but that's expected in the first game I guess. I do expect SC to have some success running the ball because of their size. 

Saylors is going to get his. SC just has to try to limit him some. There are a couple more that can hurt you if you key on him too much. If the Indians can't set the edges it won't be pretty. Looking forward to this one. I love SC stadium. Great place to watch football.

15 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

SC is a lot better than Hixson. Can't really gauge MC on that win. This will sound odd to those that weren't there but the offense really didn't play as well as they could have. Missed out on quite a few chances but that's expected in the first game I guess. I do expect SC to have some success running the ball because of their size. 

Saylors is going to get his. SC just has to try to limit him some. There are a couple more that can hurt you if you key on him too much. If the Indians can't set the edges it won't be pretty. Looking forward to this one. I love SC stadium. Great place to watch football.

Pirates also gave them some gifts with poor tackling and penalties. Qb is good, big fullback decent but that's about it. But they are better than hixon. So is Richard hardy

Edited by MrLegit

11 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Pirates also gave them some gifts with poor tackling and penalties. Qb is good, big fullback decent but that's about it. But they are better than hixon. So is Richard hardy

Hixson has a tough schedule starting the year out and could possibly be 0-4. With that being said they are better than last year and wound up going 6-4.