Marion County vs Sequatchie County

27 minutes ago, FootballFan75 said:

Good post.... Jasper wins but I can't say by 21... in my opinion it depends on how well the line can keep up the same level of play they showed in the 1st half of last week's game... Line play in my opinion fell off after halftime!!! They will have to play a full 4 qts this week to beat Sequatchie. I predicted SP by 21 last week and was way wrong Sequatchie must have held way back in the Jamboree. Warriors better have their full attention on the Indians or they could be in for a long night!!! X factor is Saylors...He's the real deal

I admit I don't watch the line as much as someone who would have a son playing on it. I would think a 41 point lead would probably have had a bit of an effect on that. A lot of freshmen played in the 4th as well. Our kids will have to play 4 qtrs no doubt this week. I can remember a few yrs ago going to Dunlap and they had a good game plan to stop Zeman (held him to around 100 yds I believe) but Henderson had a field day. Nelson had a good game last week and Capps is a threat if he gets to the edge. Weatherman says sunny Thursday and Friday. A dry field will help us. I would hate to tangle with that big line in the mud.

Edited by PurplePower68

14 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I admit I don't watch the line as much as someone who would have a son playing on it. I would think a 41 point lead would probably have had a bit of an effect on that. A lot of freshmen played in the 4th as well. Our kids will have to play 4 qtrs no doubt this week. I can remember a few yrs ago going to Dunlap and they had a good game plan to stop Zeman (held him to around 100 yds I believe) but Henderson had a field day. Nelson had a good game last week and Capps is a threat if he gets to the edge. Weatherman says sunny Thursday and Friday. A dry field will help us. I would hate to tangle with that big line in the mud.

I've said the same thing. As a kid it's hard to stay hyped up when your winning by 41 and alot of young kids did play in the 4th but the first 2 or 3 drives of the 3rd quarter we stalled out and before that we didn't have any trouble moving the ball. I'm just saying this week they better be ready for 4 qts or it could get a little hairy... And yes I do keep my eyes on the line quite a bit!!!

7 minutes ago, FootballFan75 said:

I've said the same thing. As a kid it's hard to stay hyped up when your winning by 41 and alot of young kids did play in the 4th but the first 2 or 3 drives of the 3rd quarter we stalled out and before that we didn't have any trouble moving the ball. I'm just saying this week they better be ready for 4 qts or it could get a little hairy... And yes I do keep my eyes on the line quite a bit!!!

That Mathis man better make his blockers lift weights this week and get ready to nock a hole in that line for the runners to run through.  Grider didnt make or boys lift weights last week and our boys had trouble nocking a hole in that Caine mans line.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

That Mathis man better make his blockers lift weights this week and get ready to nock a hole in that line for the runners to run through.  Grider didnt make or boys lift weights last week and our boys had trouble nocking a hole in that Caine mans line.  You think im joking but im not. 

The SC fullback can nock his own hole.

35 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

We all know your not joking Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

That mathis man has his players lifting weights 5 days a week even on game day Roy

3 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Just know youre schedule and entire 2a has been so weak last couple of years except for 1 team been a joke

and now yours is since all the good 1a teams moved to 2a.  thats what happens when the tssaa waters everything down so much so they can make more money.  Not our fault that 2a was weak, just like now, are you not going to accept the state title if yall get one because there are no teams left to beat the pirates in 1a??

56 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

That mathis man has his players lifting weights 5 days a week even on game day Roy

That Mathis man should make those boys lift weights two times on Friday so they will be real strong Friday night.  That Caine man will have his boys real strong again by Friday.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

We like to run around the line instead of through it.

7 hours ago, Justmy2cents said:
8 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Whatever,  we didn't step up till the 4th. That SC team is not what it was period. But they are a step up fromHixon.

If SP played and beat Hixson they would be the second coming of Alabama, we beat them and they are awful.  Don't see a lot of teams in the valley stepping up and playing 4 and 5a schools except one. Just saying

South Pittsburg was turned down by several 4-6A schools this season.