Marion County vs Sequatchie County

1 hour ago, MrLegit said:

Whatever,  we didn't step up till the 4th. That SC team is not what it was period. But they are a step up fromHixon.

If SP played and beat Hixson they would be the second coming of Alabama, we beat them and they are awful.  Don't see a lot of teams in the valley stepping up and playing 4 and 5a schools except one. Just saying

3 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:
1 hour ago, MrLegit said:

If SP played and beat Hixson they would be the second coming of Alabama, we beat them and they are awful.  Don't see a lot of teams in the valley stepping up and playing 4 and 5a schools except one. Just saying

SP is playing 3 DII schools and the Altanta Falcons "B" team.  :popcorneater:

I've heard from several people that the Atlanta team is pretty rough. Something about they usually play the same teams twice in the regular season.As for this game, like everyone is saying can Sequatchie contain the edges and can Jasper stop up the gut. Sequatchie rotates linemen every 3 or 4 plays.

Edited by powerp

1 minute ago, powerp said:

I've heard from several people that the Atlanta team is pretty rough. Something about they usually play the same teams twice in the regular season.

They play in a Christian league and usually only play teams in that league. Since there aren't many that play they have to play the same teams twice. They play a homeschool team as well. My sources tell me they aren't very good. Of course my sources have been wrong before and they could be the New England Patriots of the South. Who knows?? Lol

1 minute ago, Justmy2cents said:

I'm not saying SC is  bad team and that it's not a good win for SP. But the team we played last Friday were as big as SC, maybe not as well coached, but just as big. And probably a few better athletes. 

Just being big doesn't make you good. So that is not a good point

16 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Don't want to compare schedules last couple of years do we

I guess you could if you wanted to. The past 2 years we played in a 7 team region that left 3 out of region games. We've played Hixson due to ties to coaches more than likely. Grundy (which I'm glad is over) and that leaves our biggest money game and rival SP.

SP out of region games the last couple years were Bledsoe (which we played), Boyd (which we played), Grundy (which we played), us of course and Sequatchie which we picked back up this year in place of Grundy.

Edited by PurplePower68

9 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

I'm not saying SC is  bad team and that it's not a good win for SP. But the team we played last Friday were as big as SC, maybe not as well coached, but just as big. And probably a few better athletes. 

Sequatchie has a good team.  Indians were better than I expected.  It's either that or the Pirates are not as good as I'd thought they'd be and I don't think that's the case.  

Yall have a better overall team than SC and I think you'll win Friday.   Sequatchie will have to rely on slowing things down and grinding the clock with the ball.  Your front 7 will be tested in this contest and that is where SC hopes to have success.  If they can't sustain and finish their drives it'll be a long night. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Sequatchie has a good team.  Indians were better than I expected.  It's either that or the Pirates are not as good as I'd thought they'd be and I don't think that's the case.  

Yall have a better overall team than SC and I think you'll win Friday.   Sequatchie will have to rely on slowing things down and grinding the clock with the ball.  Your front 7 will be tested in this contest and that is where SC hopes to have success.  If they can't sustain and finish their drives it'll be a long night. 

I was surprised by the score. SP has a very good team so I guess I was wrong in my basing SC's team off of the jamboree. 

This game will show us more about our kids than Hixson did. SC's size is a concern especially if they are able to control the line of scrimmage all night. If they can't you're correct about it being a long night. I'm hoping our tempo helps us some. Its a long season though and this week's game has no bearing on playoffs.

25 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I guess you could if you wanted to. The past 2 years we played in a 7 team region that left 3 out of region games. We've played Hixson due to ties to coaches more than likely. Grundy (which I'm glad is over) and that leaves our biggest money game and rival SP.

SP out of region games the last couple years were Bledsoe (which we played), Boyd (which we played), Grundy (which we played), us of course and Sequatchie which we picked back up this year in place of Grundy.

Can't wait till we play, then we will see as always