Gordonsville at Smith County

gville is slow off the ball, they wait for the other team to move before they react. defense did a pretty good job last week for being on the field so much. as far as who wins I would say smith county by a minimum 3 touchdowns. gvilles offense is horrendous, qb looks like he has no idea what is going on out there and its his jr year, running back is definitely a play maker had 90 something yards with little blocking would of had around 150 without a holding call, marshall called one play 95% of the time last week and it was some form of wide left running play. outcome is not going to be pretty tonight 

I'm neither just raised in the area. I attended both schools though. played for smith county for two years and graduated from gville. would love for gville to win. as far as the rest I'm just stating what I saw. marshall is the head coach he has the decision on what plays are being ran. yes he has a coordinator calling plays but marshall has all the input in the world. so either way at the end of the day its marshalls fault. if hes not calling the plays he could of stepped in and said lets make adjustments. last I checked oc was goolsby which explains a lot of the issue on offense 

Edited by tomahawk14
grammar edit

24 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Don't know if you're a player or a disgruntled parent, but there is absolutely no need to call out a player on here.

And, I don't think Marshall calls offensive plays. I believe your ignorance is showing.

That's what's wrong with The boys in blue. They want to put the blame on everyone but who it should be put on.. 28 is arguably one of the best RB in the state. But when you have 14 pass yds and -34 rushing yards as a QB then that's always going to a major problem.. SC wins big 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, calling out kids its not my job but when I played if you played bad you where going to get called out doesn't matter by who. Ive had bad games ive been called out by players coaches and who knows who else. for me its nothing other than motivation to do better and work harder, it even showed me they care enough to say something to make me better  . worlds getting a little soft when criticism a bad thing.

26 minutes ago, tomahawk14 said:

I'm sorry, calling out kids its not my job but when I played if you played bad you where going to get called out doesn't matter by who. Ive had bad games ive been called out by players coaches and who knows who else. for me its nothing other than motivation to do better and work harder, it even showed me they care enough to say something to make me better  . worlds getting a little soft when criticism a bad thing.

I'm saying let the coaches call out and challenge the kids. Oftentimes, we don't know the whole story.

I have known the boy his whole life. I played for his dad. his dad is a good defensive coach but not offensive. I have a lot of respect for him but the brutal honest truth is his son doesn't need to be playing qb. he really does look confused or lost out there, when he throws the ball it looks like he just heaves it and hopes for the best not accurate at all. I'm not saying he cant play football but qb is not the position for him and ive watched him since freshman year. if I was marshall I line 28 up in the wildcat and put another playmaker beside him and run the ball power o, misdirection because  if that's the best you got qb you might as well hike the ball to 28 from the get go so no times wasted getting him the ball because everyone knows its going to be a run to begin with 

For me I took it to heart when someone other than a coach told me I was doing bad. A coaches job is to motivate and players know that so sometimes when a coach says hey you need to step it players shrug it off because they hear from them all the time. Now let someone that I don't know tell me I'm awful better believe I'm going to work 10 times harder to prove them wrong. It's hard to explain. It meant more coming from people you don't know versus those that do.