Is there a referee shortage

If there is a shortage, then I need to see numbers to prove it. I don't know what the dream is for the state to have on officials and the amount of officials at each game (whether if it's 7 man crew or a 5 man crew). I will say this, there are a lot of older officials who probably won't be in the black and white stripes in 2020, and I believe there will not be enough amount of reinforcement to replace the older officials. At the end of the day, I just want officials to be in good shape, make good calls, not be 'flag-happy' and hustle to get yourself in position to make the call (also dont be lazy if there's a blowout). 

There is a few ref's that have no business being on a field for any reason. They make it personal against some kids. And can never be question about their calls . Like they are God and above reversing a call even when they know it was wrong. I've seen it first hand!!! Tssaa backs up their calls so the kids suffer . Or it's home cooking to stop a good team. Just isn't right. But will never be changed.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If there is a shortage, then I need to see numbers to prove it. I don't know what the dream is for the state to have on officials and the amount of officials at each game (whether if it's 7 man crew or a 5 man crew). I will say this, there are a lot of older officials who probably won't be in the black and white stripes in 2020, and I believe there will not be enough amount of reinforcement to replace the older officials. At the end of the day, I just want officials to be in good shape, make good calls, not be 'flag-happy' and hustle to get yourself in position to make the call (also dont be lazy if there's a blowout). 

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/shortage-of-high-school-sports-referees-across-tennessee

Theres not the shortage thats being made out to be. Its the same old bs politics justvlike anything else. Same officials who suck up and kiss ___ continue to get all the games or the bigger games where the newer officals or the ones that refuse to kiss it suffer. At least its that way in West TN. Yes I agree way too many old out of shape lazy officals continue to steal a check in every sport they work

41 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Theres not the shortage thats being made out to be. Its the same old bs politics justvlike anything else. Same officials who suck up and kiss ___ continue to get all the games or the bigger games where the newer officals or the ones that refuse to kiss it suffer. At least its that way in West TN. Yes I agree way too many old out of shape lazy officals continue to steal a check in every sport they work

Agree. That's why I'm simply saying show me proof of numbers telling me there's a shortage. Giving the "newer" guys the games that aren't worth attending to will get old quick and will make them leave. Just like working in a restaurant business, want to see someone leave your business, give them crappy hours. And it might be a good official that walks out the door because he's constantly working crappy games, just happens that he is young .