Tyner at Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

Signal needs a win to gain some confidence. They have come close to winning many games in the last two years, but always seem to lose at the end. Like the troll said they don't have a game on the schedule that they can't win, but the flip side of that is losing every game close. 

As for Tyner, I know Ooltewah is good, but 55-9 is indicative of other problems.  This team started 1-5 last year, and I honestly think that a lot of their problems come from the offence they run. 

This game is going to be closer than the score indicates. I don't think Tyner figures out the offence in time to beat Signal Mt. If this game was week 8 instead of week 2 I think the results would be different.

Prediction:      Signal - 24    Tyner 6

Solid 27-7 win by my Eagles tonight. We cleaned up the turnovers from last week, but still need to execute better and be more consistent on offense. I have been very proud of the defense this year. A couple of busted coverages last week but none this week. The secondary played very well tonight. I have been most impressed with the strength of the defensive front against the run. I thought Tyner would be able to run the ball better, but the defensive front  shut them down when necessary tonight. Overall a performance the guys should be proud of.

Granted, Tyner did not execute well and shot themselves in the foot numerous times tonight, but still a solid win for my Eagles.

Hopefully, this win will boost the guys confidence and keep them moving in the right direction. Enjoy it for a day or two, but then it's time to start preparing for a very good Red Bank team. If we can clean up a few things and execute more consistently on offense, I like our chances next week.

Oh yea, a big shout out to our kicker, #19 Scott Payne. It's nice to put the opponent on the 20 every kickoff and avoid any runbacks. Being able to rely on the field goal inside of 40 yards don't hurt, either. :D      A junior this year, this kid will get some serious D1 offers.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Edited by MountainTroll

19 hours ago, MountainTroll said:

Solid 27-7 win by my Eagles tonight. We cleaned up the turnovers from last week, but still need to execute better and be more consistent on offense. I have been very proud of the defense this year. A couple of busted coverages last week but none this week. The secondary played very well tonight. I have been most impressed with the strength of the defensive front against the run. I thought Tyner would be able to run the ball better, but the defensive front  shut them down when necessary tonight. Overall a performance the guys should be proud of.

Granted, Tyner did not execute well and shot themselves in the foot numerous times tonight, but still a solid win for my Eagles.

Hopefully, this win will boost the guys confidence and keep them moving in the right direction. Enjoy it for a day or two, but then it's time to start preparing for a very good Red Bank team. If we can clean up a few things and execute more consistently on offense, I like our chances next week.

Oh yea, a big shout out to our kicker, #19 Scott Payne. It's nice to put the opponent on the 20 every kickoff and avoid any runbacks. Being able to rely on the field goal inside of 40 yards don't hurt, either. :D      A junior this year, this kid will get some serious D1 offers.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Scott said thanks for the shout out!

Great TEAM effort  by Signal!!!