Cleveland Basketball violates rules

Gr8bballfan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2017 at 2:04 PM, NOMOSHOW said:

Something had to be up then. Cause if the whole truth was told then the punishment would have been worse. I still don't understand how you can play middle schoolers and high schoolers together on the same team and not get punished at all. Some of the truth had to have been left out. 

Even the least educated coaches know you can"t bring middle school kids up to practice with your high school team til school is over. If your varsity head high school coach has organized this then I would be watching out for other types of misconduct. Seems like a win at all cost type system. Wonder if there was money involved? More times then not, these type of coaches are using kids to make money for themselves . If you know one of these kids parents, ask them about the fee it cost to play with the high school girls while they were still in middle school.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, MAD SCIENCE said:

Even the least educated coaches know you can"t bring middle school kids up to practice with your high school team til school is over. If your varsity head high school coach has organized this then I would be watching out for other types of misconduct. Seems like a win at all cost type system. Wonder if there was money involved? More times then not, these type of coaches are using kids to make money for themselves . If you know one of these kids parents, ask them about the fee it cost to play with the high school girls while they were still in middle school.

Oh i think he knew and should be watched for further misconduct. As far as the fee, if there was one that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Charging your own kids to play in their own high school gym. If a coach is making money off of kids is one thing but making it off his own, well thats just not right.  If hes requiring kids to pay that to play thats just a form of extortion. If this is true, a phone call to a school board member would be the thing to do.

5 hours ago, AAFEVER said:

Oh i think he knew and should be watched for further misconduct. As far as the fee, if there was one that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Charging your own kids to play in their own high school gym. If a coach is making money off of kids is one thing but making it off his own, well thats just not right.  If hes requiring kids to pay that to play thats just a form of extortion. If this is true, a phone call to a school board member would be the thing to do.

Sounds like a good idea. Shake the tree and see what falls out. Charging kids to play, that's ludicrous. Even worse if the parents agreed to pay. No high school coach should ever be charging his own kids. If he did do that, then there is no wonder why kids leave. Don't blame them. 

10 hours ago, NOMOSHOW said:

Sounds like a good idea. Shake the tree and see what falls out. Charging kids to play, that's ludicrous. Even worse if the parents agreed to pay. No high school coach should ever be charging his own kids. If he did do that, then there is no wonder why kids leave. Don't blame them. 

He did charge the kids a fee to play. Even in his own tournament! 

7 hours ago, whoop said:

He did charge the kids a fee to play. Even in his own tournament! 

You have got to be kidding me! To play in their own high school gym? Unbelievable!!! No way should he be doing that, no way. The school board should be notified. Its a real shame that you have to pay to use a taxpayer facility. He does not own the gym. The taxpayers do.

4 hours ago, SJF said:

Playing AAU is not free! Any team playing Tourneys have to pay for uniforms and tournament entry fees! Tournament entry fees usually cover the refs! Anyone holding a tourney would know if you let 4-5 teams play for free you would lose money on ref fees! 

AAU is not free. That is why AAU teams work hard to raise money for travel and tournaments. Usually when "hosting" a tournament and playing in "your own gym" there is not a cost to the players for that weekend. If that part is true that would be troubling. When hosting the kids work the clock, book, concessions and all areas on top of playing in their games to raise money. I've not heard of paying to play in the tournaments in your gym that you are hosting.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:15 PM, SJF said:

I watched the Fast Break AAU teams play many times and played against the 8th and HS teams but never saw 8th play with HS kids! Can't say if they practiced together or not! I am sure this is happening all over the State so to pick one as an example is not going to change anything! 

I saw it. The odd thing is that the Cleveland high school girls assistant coached a team of 9th and 8th graders from cleveland high & CMS in an 8th grade AAU tournament. (Yes - they played 9th graders from CHS in an 8th grade tournament with some of their 8th graders.) Coach Willliams daughter was on the team as well.

I didn't think that was right & it sounds like they got caught... 

Edited by FootballFan51

On 9/21/2017 at 0:34 AM, FootballFan51 said:

I saw it. The odd thing is that the Cleveland high school girls assistant coached a team of 9th and 8th graders from cleveland high & CMS in an 8th grade AAU tournament. (Yes - they played 9th graders from CHS in an 8th grade tournament with some of their 8th graders.) Coach Willliams daughter was on the team as well.

I didn't think that was right & it sounds like they got caught... 

I'd guess this is something he's done before. Williams is not use to coaching in a place like Cleveland. He might want to look at renting and not buying a house in Cleveland.