York @ Grundy

Classless

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

And to think that Coalfield put up 600 yards of offense and held York to under 200 yards. Hurt is coming in the semifinals for one of us in 1A. 

I agree with that 100 percent. Coalfield just a different Animal.  SP and Whitwell would out match York in the skill set. They dont have any speed. I think both SP and Whitwell OL/ DLs would hold up enough to beat them. Ended up 4-3 Tigers in the York scrimmage. Coalfields QB is the difference right now. 

Edited by TigerfootballFan

2 minutes ago, bwhite1965 said:

Talking to my buddy here at work he has kids that play in the valley. All kids should have the opportunity to be part of a system as he says. Our kids are so short handed. A coach means a lot to how successful a program is and that's why we are 3-19.

The football record and kids transferring speaks volumes about Grundys staff. Not only are they bad coaches their teaching isn't much better unless watching videos all the time counts. That's what a girl told me about the history class 

6 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

The football record and kids transferring speaks volumes about Grundys staff. Not only are they bad coaches their teaching isn't much better unless watching videos all the time counts. That's what a girl told me about the history class 

I wouldn't Lump Chad Barger in with the other guys. If given a chance he could turn Grundy around. At least he would do it the right way.

Edited by TigerfootballFan
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I wouldn't Lump Chad Barger in with the other guys. If given a chance he could turn Grundy around. At least he would do it the right way.

From what I've heard from my boys they like coach Barger. He pushes them and my boys like him for it

10 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I definitely don't infact I don't lump any of them with Casey..  Barger probably had no idea it was as bad as it was... I bet he's been looking for a way out since then....   Which kinda inhales profusely, because I was lowkey hoping he would be the one to replace Casey..... 

Definitely after listening to Casey make fun of how Barger and Andrews approached their interview process vs him approaching his. 

Edited by Grundyplayer

2 minutes ago, Grundyplayer said:

I definitely don't...  Barger probably had no idea it was as bad as it was... I bet he's been looking for a way out since then....   Which kinda inhales profusely, because I was lowkey hoping he would be the one to replace Casey..... 

Definitely after listening to Casey make fun of how Barger and Andrews approached their interview process vs him approaching his. 

Did Casey even have to interview? I heard Mac McCurry got an interview from his vehicle. The principal drove and interviewed him in his car. I know a few laughed, but Nick Saban would not have gotten Grundy County head coach over Casey. As Roy says you think I'm joking but I'm not.

Just now, bwhite1965 said:

Did Casey even have to interview? I heard Mac McCurry got an interview from his vehicle. The principal drove and interviewed him in his car. I know a few laughed, but Nick Saban would not have gotten Grundy County head coach over Casey. As Roy says you think I'm joking but I'm not.

He said all 3 of them were there around the same time... Barger and Andrews in suit and ties, big folders with there plans, he showed up in khakis empty handed....   He Bragged about it on the bus down to 7 on 7 with Andrews right there, was a Moore Co. 7 on 7 or a Franklin one... can't remember...

21 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I agree with that 100 percent. Coalfield just a different Animal.  SP and Whitwell would out match York in the skill set. They dont have any speed. I think both SP and Whitwell OL/ DLs would hold up enough to beat them. Ended up 4-3 Tigers in the York scrimmage. Coalfields QB is the difference right now. 

York sounds like a decent team......... Hope our boys come to compete and play some smashmouth football...

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Coalfield isn't a different animal than many of our better teams here at SP. Our team this year would be considered average for SP standards. We play extremely hard, but most of our better teams from the past would clean Coalfield's clock. LMBO

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Coalfield isn't a different animal than many of our better teams here at SP. Our team this year would be considered average for SP standards. We play extremely hard, but most of our better teams from the past would clean Coalfield's clock. LMBO

Maybe......like I said, that QB is the difference.