Da Haven vs Cordova

coach10ac

23 hours ago, coach10ac said:

If anybody had any questions about our D, if that didn do it for you then I I'll just put you on the list...thanks to the refs they were able to score. Who saw the ball on the ground that was called a catch that les to a score.....it's on Social media. Terrible!!!! Welp bring on Lausanne!!! Let's see if they wanna talk smack

Yeah coach10ac, I was in the stands on the other side of the field and everyone in the stands saw that ball skip on the ground before it reached the WR. Havengrad04 and I have both agreed that the officiating  was horrific. We've only played 3 games so far, and in two of those three we've had horrible officiating. Just plain awful.

I've started a Lausanne/Whitehaven thread.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A line from one of my fav movies, "every day I gotta fight to prove my love!!!!"....lol....every year we have to come out fighting to get some respect!!! Not saying we just gone cake walk through everybody but, it's gone be a hard job for someone to come knock us off. Even this year because we don't have the speed or athletes  normally have on offense. 

On 9/1/2017 at 10:25 PM, plumb69 said:

Congratulations Tigers. One of those games that separates the pretenders from the contenders.

Cordova may have lost the game, but they are definitely still in the hunt for a state title. I wouldn't label them a pretender, no more then I wold label Maryville a pretender after losing to Oakland. Those are just bragging rights for the victors, during this stretch of the season. Nothing more, nothing less.

30 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

A line from one of my fav movies, "every day I gotta fight to prove my love!!!!"....lol....every year we have to come out fighting to get some respect!!! Not saying we just gone cake walk through everybody but, it's gone be a hard job for someone to come knock us off. Even this year because we don't have the speed or athletes  normally have on offense. 

Oh ... I beg to differ about speed on offense. Our cup runneth over, AND, the most of them are underclassmen. We've got speed to burn.

4 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

Kdub....we are probably slower at the WR position than we have ever been sir...but I said than we normally have....we do have a couple of young guys that have it but are very raw and are not WR's....over all we are much slower than last year 

Ok, the one burner I know we hAve is  freshman. WJ has spèed, but I get it. However, Megaton is still a match-up nightmare. We are good at that spot. I do understand where you are coming from.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, kwc said:

Cordova may have lost the game, but they are definitely still in the hunt for a state title. I wouldn't label them a pretender, no more then I wold label Maryville a pretender after losing to Oakland. Those are just bragging rights for the victors, during this stretch of the season. Nothing more, nothing less.

We shall see. Whitehaven has a track record, Cordova doesn't. I saw Cordova lose at home to Brighton four or five years ago and they have made tremendous strides since then. But until they emerge from the west in the playoffs they are the pretenders.