AP Class 2A Top 10 Aug 28 2017

Southtowner

This week I've got 14 teams in my top 10 but none in the top 9.  I think this is about right.  What say you?  

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Adamsville, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Hampton, Happy Valley,  Lewis County, Marion County, Meigs County, Oneida, Peabody, Trinity Christian,  Trousdale County, Union City, Waverly 

Outside the top 10 - er'body else

Edited by Southtowner
oops- left off TCA

26 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This week I've got 14 teams in my top 10 but none in the top 9.  I think this is about right.  What say you?  

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Adamsville, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Hampton, Happy Valley,  Lewis County, Marion County, Meigs County, Oneida, Peabody, Trinity Christian,  Trousdale County, Union City, Waverly 

I would have MC right outside this top 10.

1 hour ago, BigSwo said:

I will tell you right now that UC is not the #1 2A team in the state.  I don't think so anyway.  I believe we will be in a few weeks.  Friday night against Peabody will go a long way in defining that.  I believe we are more like the middle of the pack.  Don't get me wrong, I believe we are a very good football team that is improving every week.  I also believe that by seasons end we will be the best in the state.  But now. ...... we are in the middle.  

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

Waverly is definitely a top five team right now but I really question their depth going into late season.  With a junior laden team they are gonna take some knocks from the men in th senior class.  

I kept expecting us To wear y'all out in the 2nd half...and that didn't happen. Y'all got a second wind. Waverly is a very impressive offensive team...defensively, gotta get tougher against the run.  The safeties and linebackers get sucked in too much on misdirection. But Waverly, Peabody, and UC and in my top 3 in no particular order.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -

Looks about right. Way I see it is all of these teams are about average at this point, with none being excellent. The pack will separate in about 3 weeks.

Edited by fallguy17

6 hours ago, fallguy17 said:

Looks about right. Way I see it is all of these teams are about average at this point, with none being excellent. The pack will separate in about 3 weeks.

I listed them this way as no one seems to want their team near the top.  There will be a bit of separation this weekend as Union City plays Peabody and Adamsville plays TCA.  Some good games coming up.  Hope everyone stays healthy.

We did not deserve to fall down in this poll. We lost a game by 1 point last week to a school that is bigger than us. If we had used all of our plays for offense and defense we would not have lost the game. Our coaches were trying not to show any of the best plays so we could save them. We ended up losing the game mostly because of the bad calls from the refs. Our team we be right back in the state at the end of this season. 

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!