The Kings Academy comes to Greenback

orngnblk

16 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Is MTCS that good? I saw a 12-6 final. I've never known of them to be very good. 

The MTCS QB got knocked out of the game with a broken collarbone and TKA still only beat them by 6.  I honestly thought TKA was the #3 squad in this district but MJCA has had some impressive numbers.  6 of the 8 make the playoffs.  Grace, Concord, Ezell, and MTCS will fight for the last two spots but it really doesn't matter in round one.  The top 4 will be

1-2: DCA/FCS

3: MJCA

4: TKA

If MJCA beats TKA by 21+ on 9/15, they may be for real and challenge for the top two spots.  Same night, FCS/DCA face off for the number one seed in the district.  MJCA has never made the playoffs ever so I'm finding it hard to believe they are for real this year.  They are running up stats against very little competition.  The 9/15 date is going to define this district for the playoffs.

17 hours ago, gcapride said:

TKA is a solid team this year. Not sure how they come out against you guys, but they played their Super Bowl against us. Big win for them last night over MTC. I won't be surprised at all to see them in Cookeville. Looks like I might be in the back of a pickup truck for this one, if I can find a hole in the fence to get in. 

TKA makes it past round one if they are a #3/4 seed.  Zero chance they make it past the quarterfinals.  The top two in each region this year are solid above everyone else:  NCA, DA, DCA, FCS.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:53 AM, gcapride said:

TKA is a solid team this year. Not sure how they come out against you guys, but they played their Super Bowl against us. Big win for them last night over MTC. I won't be surprised at all to see them in Cookeville. Looks like I might be in the back of a pickup truck for this one, if I can find a hole in the fence to get in. 

Say what????  TKA will be #4 in their district at best and you think they have a run to Cookeville in them? You may want to branch out a bit and pay attention to DII-A football. TKA will get beat first round of playoffs.

4 hours ago, CFAfan said:

Say what????  TKA will be #4 in their district at best and you think they have a run to Cookeville in them? You may want to branch out a bit and pay attention to DII-A football. TKA will get beat first round of playoffs.

I agree.  Greenback rolls in this one.   TKA is an ok ball club but they aren't going to compete  for Gold.

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

This Greenback squad a lot like their Championship squad. They got an awesome tailback and big line. Only thing they may be missing is the 4.5 speed they had in the McDaniels kid.

No we're not, we have a good tailback/fullback that is a man running the ball but we lost a lot from last years team. These boys are doing ok and need to keep getting better each week.  You are right about the 4.5 speed though we don't have anyone that fast. 

17 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Yes you will, the only way this game is close is if the Cherokees just self destruct. Cherokees by 31

If Greenback roles in this game like everyone is thinking,then it's a cake walk to round 3. Because other than coalfield, they will not see (ANY) comp the rest of season. To be honest, they haven't seen any yet. Loudon game they play like crap. So it doesn't count.