Gallatin (3-0) vs Mt. Juliet (3-0) in the Bear Den

thegreatone36

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

No arguments there. Not knowing any better we didn't arrive until game time and had to stand at the back of the 5 deep that surrounded the stadium.  Gallatin suppporters can answer this one, what was the largest crowd ever at the Waveyard? I was in high school when they played JCM at Rothrock Stadium in Jackson in the mid 70's in what was reported the largest crowd ever to see a game in West TN outside of Memphis.  

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

No arguments there. Not knowing any better we didn't arrive until game time and had to stand at the back of the 5 deep that surrounded the stadium.  Gallatin suppporters can answer this one, what was the largest crowd ever at the Waveyard? I was in high school when they played JCM at Rothrock Stadium in Jackson in the mid 70's in what was reported the largest crowd ever to see a game in West TN outside of Memphis.  

I have attended over 400 Gallatin football games over the years since 1975 and seems to me the 2-0 game was the largest I remember at the wave yard...The 1978 state championship at Red bank and the 1976 JCM game were 2 of the largest crowds at away stadiums..The largest crowd to watch a Gallatin football game to me was the 1982 state championship vs. Lincoln county . The 1989 state championship vs. Oakland think would have been the largest if not for sitting in 2 inches of ice ...lol

Good history report guys. Due to fact I wasn't even born yet in 70's/80's makes me irrelevant from this conversation. Tonight will draw in a huge crowd with an intense atmosphere. Two teams that will give it their all, a rivalry that dates back to the ice age. It should be a dandy to watch. 

My pick Gallatin 27 Mount Juliet 20...

please prove me wrong

I seen a Gallatin team that started out flat right on MJ's first drive to start off 7-0. Gallatin gets ball back and has a good drive going inside MJ 30 yd. line, then ball gets tip 6'd. 13-0. MJ fg 16-0, then another MJ td, 23-0. Players hanging heads isn't a good way to get back into a game, gotta keep playing! 2nd half underway.