Cost of ticket to game?

GHSblackhelmet

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

You would think that students would get in free. It only makes sense more would come, the atmosphere would be better and any revenue lost at gate would probably be regenerated at the concession stands.

I think that's a great idea.

Question: Does the T$$AA get any cut from regular season games?

4 hours ago, plumb69 said:

I think that's a great idea.

Question: Does the T$$AA get any cut from regular season games?

I am not sure but I would think that they do. Somebody has to pay the refs, crews etc.

I know they do in the playoffs. They get 50% and the other schools each get 25% regardless of where its played. At least that was how it used to be they may have changed it.

The tssaa does not get a cut of regular season games, but the school must pay the officials.  Football officials have recently gotten a pay raise and it costs the school about $600 per game for officials.  I can see this increase in cost as reason why small schools may have had to raise the price of admission.  If you are charging $6 a game, the first 100 tickets sold pay the officials. 

The school or football program pays the refs..around 100$ a piece or about 700$ per game. most small public schools get exactly 0$ from the school , school system , or county to run football programs, in other words your small local public school football team is totally self sufficient and greatly depends on gate money and fund raisers just to keep the program going. when you figure it costs 700$ a game for refs about 200$ a game to paint the field , probably 2,000$ a season in field maintenance, and a minimum of 10,000$ a season to properly recondition helmets and other equipment I dont think 6 , 7 , or 8 bucs is too much to ask for a ball game.

5 hours ago, Crock1615 said:

The tssaa does not get a cut of regular season games, but the school must pay the officials.  Football officials have recently gotten a pay raise and it costs the school about $600 per game for officials.  I can see this increase in cost as reason why small schools may have had to raise the price of admission.  If you are charging $6 a game, the first 100 tickets sold pay the officials. 

Has not resulted in improved quality.

9 hours ago, Crock1615 said:

Thank you crock.

Tennessee is one of the better paying states in the country for high school officials believe it or not On any given Friday night a school who has a 6 man crew will pay $570 for officials. $100 each for the 5 man crew on the field and $70 for the ECO-the official who runs the clock and the back up if any official got hurt/sick