Lookout Valley @ Whitwell

WingoVFL

The statement should be read as " Bouldin and Coley are doing everything they can to prepare a defense".  

There is only so much one can do to prepare a defense for competition during a week, they're doing that.       

Everything else you mentioned obviously gives them an edge on game day, and an edge as being the better staff, but wasn't what I was trying to point out by saying they're just as wel coached.  Maybe  I should have just said just as prepared...

Im sorry for hurting your feelings castironhero, the comment wasn't a dig at your coach at all.  Everyone knows what the count is, everyone knows where they gotta go to win this region.  

I'm just trying to give some credit where many people won't, I don't care who you play, it's hard to pitch a shutout more or less allow only 3 points in 4 games....  The only SP person I've seen admit this is whitwells best team in decades is Bass (probably the biggest realist here) the rest of ya are viewing them as the teams of the past...   

I suppose the comparison im looking for would be like Urban Meyer vs Nick Saban...   

Nick Saban is obviously the better coach, and has the better staff.   But to say that Urban Meyer isn't preparing at the same level as Saban would be an understatement.      Like I said , you can only do so much to prepare for a game, you're either doing everything you can or your not.     That's all I was trying to say.

1 hour ago, ImaSavage said:

I suppose the comparison im looking for would be like Urban Meyer vs Nick Saban...   

Nick Saban is obviously the better coach, and has the better staff.   But to say that Urban Meyer isn't preparing at the same level as Saban would be an understatement.      Like I said , you can only do so much to prepare for a game, you're either doing everything you can or your not.     That's all I was trying to say.

You don't have to defend your opinion of your coach. If he is a good man and the players buy into his philosophy then he will do fine. Plenty of jack legs on CoachT that always claim to know more. But then again that's why they are on CoachT and not the sidelines. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

I'm just going to leave this here and move on because some of the most absolutely idiotic things I've ever read are in this thread..

If anyone on this earth thinks whitwell is as well coached as SP they have literally lost their mind. Check resumes, records, success, experience, and a whole lot more. That statement is stupid.. sure coley may have done some great things so far, hats off to him.. it's not hard to look like a million bucks as a coach when the talent level on the other sideline is 3x worse than your team. Whitwell coaching and overall team ability will be tested soon. 

This week will Be a cake walk, just like every other week thus far...

I think whitwell is solid and I think they do deserve a little more credit than I gave them a couple weeks ago. So here's me saying that as well.. Just like I said I would do. They are proving to me slowly that the respect is due...now are they a SP quality team??? Not in my opinion... will they lose a few games the next month or so? yes. They may be a quarterfinal type of team in 1-A in the fairly weak (other than a few teams) east... but nothing more than that to me AS OF RIGHT NOW... I'm not saying quarterfinals is not a huge step and an awesome thing for the community and school... I'm just saying let's look at things realistically for what they really are. Any team Whitwell plays in the playoffs up to the quarterfinals will be just as weak as these first 4 teams they have played... Whitwell hasn't done anything impressive against a good football team yet and the body of work they have is great on paper, until you look at the ther team..

you boys keep on wishing for this meeting with SP and you'll get exactly what those fellas in purple got... a beat down they will NEVER forget...

until we meet, it's good luck to the tigers.. keep winning and you might just make a habit of it... and that's when it gets real fun... 

We will see Oct 13th. Best of luck.

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

We will see Oct 13th. Best of luck.

We shall..like I said they grow on me weekly... I just want to see that same dominance against teams of an even talent level.  And there's a stretch of those type of games soon and we can really see what they are... I'm not saying this team isn't good. I just wanna see it against some good football teams. And as for our game, If I'm wrong about your tigers I'll gladly eat my crow. I like it grilled brother . Lol

7 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

I can't wait to finally watch Whitwell play tomorrow. I've watched film but it's so much better live. Good luck tomorrow tigers and good luck Wingo. We love you and can't wait to see my boy play ball.

You should come back to SP next week for the Lipscomb game. Go ahead and get your season tickets now for next year. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

You should come back to SP next week for the Lipscomb game. Go ahead and get your season tickets now for next year. 

I'll be there with my orange and black. Grundy has a bye week so I'll have Ethan and Evan with me. Sanders told me I needed to to home game so count the Nunley's in. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Why would he do that when he is buying season Tickets for the Tigers next year this Friday ? Oct 13th...Battle for : Region Championship, Home field for 2nd game , and the Nunleys LMBO!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Why would he do that when he is buying season Tickets for the Tigers next year this Friday ? Oct 13th...Battle for : Region Championship, Home field for 2nd game , and the Nunleys LMBO!

Lmbo! All I'll say about that is we love Wingo like he's one of us. I'll have my Whitwell gear on that Wingo bought me ready to Whitwell in action. I can't wait until pirates and tigers clash for the top spot.  I'll definitely be there for sure