Anderson County @ Howard (Chattanooga)

Mavericksinflight

This game was very ugly, AC did not have to do much to get out with a comfortable win, Howard had some players and with support and a good coaching staff I think they could be competitive, but they just don't have either.  JV Played most of the second half with running clock and AC never did anything spectacular to get to that point.  AC also got a lot of good reps with some young guys early, the freshman #10 is going to be a stud.  They did seem to clean up the penalties some in this game and that was even with an early scrum and I was glad to see that, this game could have gotten real chippy real quick and I think they did a good job keeping them reeled in.  The next 2 games will hopefully be better competition, so far Clinton is the best team that AC has played and AC won that one pretty handidly.  I feel for Howard, those kids do not have any support and they deserve it, they could have a good program if they did, the Athletes are their, just not much else after that.  The band was good though, they have a good time.  Hopefully AC stays Healthy and goes into the bye week 7-0. 

13 hours ago, Mav4life said:

This game was very ugly, AC did not have to do much to get out with a comfortable win, Howard had some players and with support and a good coaching staff I think they could be competitive, but they just don't have either.  JV Played most of the second half with running clock and AC never did anything spectacular to get to that point.  AC also got a lot of good reps with some young guys early, the freshman #10 is going to be a stud.  They did seem to clean up the penalties some in this game and that was even with an early scrum and I was glad to see that, this game could have gotten real chippy real quick and I think they did a good job keeping them reeled in.  The next 2 games will hopefully be better competition, so far Clinton is the best team that AC has played and AC won that one pretty handidly.  I feel for Howard, those kids do not have any support and they deserve it, they could have a good program if they did, the Athletes are their, just not much else after that.  The band was good though, they have a good time.  Hopefully AC stays Healthy and goes into the bye week 7-0. 

Good updates thanks Mav4

Edited by Mavericksinflight

29 minutes ago, Oldfalcon59 said:

Is Anderson County the real deal?

It they stay healthy they can compete with the real deals but they are better then most and just need an opportunity to play a good team. If they can stay healthy improve each week on the secondary they will be fine if they make it to playoffs.

20 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

The way AC struggled against SD and Fulton in their scrimmages, it's hard for me to believe that AC wouldn't struggle against another good team like Greeneville. Until AC beats a really good team, it's going to be hard to know exactly how good they really are.

I'm not taking a cheap shot, I'm just being honest.

Totally agree.