Wilson Central @ Mt. Juliet

GBEAR85

Coming into this game:

Mt. Juliet 4-0 

With it being no surprise to most that Mt. Juliet won over Gallatin, it was a bit of a surprise as to the total dismantling of the Green Wave offense by the Bears who have yet to be scored upon in 2017. 

Wilson Central 1-3

Does WC have anything for this vaunted Golden Bear defense that seems to be picking up more steam with each defensive series? Does WC have an answer for Zack White's offense led by Glass and Raines? Do they stop the streak finally? WC finally put together a win last Friday, are the Cats getting things worked out in time for their biggest game of the year?

What say you?!

Edited by OldBear33

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey some were a little surprised by that loss, MJ's first three opponents were a combined 0-9, and GHS had a 5-4 win advantage going into this game since picking this rivalry back up in 08 proving we can win against the Bears. BUT, MJ showed this year why they are so good, and they beat down the Green Wave. 

With the said, what the Bears have done this far is no fluke, and they will be their region favorite with Hendersonville coming 2nd. Nobody wants to give Trey Perry respect, but the fact is he works just as hard, if not harder than any coach around, and he has his guys motivated. No, I haven't forgot how many CoachT'ers used to pick at him when he took over from Dad.

So, "Perry is going to Perry" and beat Wilson Central for the 10th year in a row. 

Edited by thegreatone36

1 minute ago, thegreatone36 said:

Hey some were surprised by that loss, MJ's first three opponents were a combined 0-9, and GHS had a 5-4 win advantage going into this game since picking this rivalry back up in 08 proving we can win against the Bears. BUT, MJ showed this year why they are so good, and they beat down the Green Wave. 

With the said, what the Bears have done this far is no fluke, and they will be the region favorite with Hendersonville coming 2nd. Nobody wants to give Trey Perry respect, but the fact is he works just as hard, if not harder than any coach around, and he has his guys motivated. No, I haven't forgot how many CoachT'ers used to pick at him when he took over from Dad.

So, "Perry is going to Perry" and beat Wilson Central for the 10th year in a row. 

I'm impressed with 4 straight shut outs to start the season. That's hard to do no matter who u play.  Quick question is Mt. Juliet in 6A?

Mt. Juliet will win this easily. But I think the shutout streak will end this week.

Wilson Central is averaging 222 yards passing a game and have outgained their opponent in total yards in all 4 games despite going 1-3.

That is because they have 17 turnovers through 4 games.... And 5 of those have been returned for touchdowns.

These teams have played every year since 2001 and only once has Wilson Central been shutout that was in 2003.

Mt. Juliet 49

Wilson Central 14

This game worries me, Wilson Central is better than their record suggests. They have a strong passing attack, and at times a really stingy defense. WC has nothing to lose here, they will be playing feisty with a chip on their shoulder. MJ will come prepared, overall MJ is just to strong, big, and athletic for the Wildcats. I'll take MJ 38 Wilson Central 20

32 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

Mt. Juliet hasn't played anybody. As long as our coaches have their head on straight, we win 24-23. We find a way to cut out the turnovers.

have you watched them play? I went to the Gallatin game and I wouldn't say Gallatin is a nobody. I guess if you want to think that then your entitled to it. I am sure Mj wants you to think they aren't very good and are soft. 

By the way, you seem pretty disturbed with the coaching staff at WC. What's your deal with them?

50 minutes ago, NoWayOut4 said:

have you watched them play? I went to the Gallatin game and I wouldn't say Gallatin is a nobody. I guess if you want to think that then your entitled to it. I am sure Mj wants you to think they aren't very good and are soft. 

By the way, you seem pretty disturbed with the coaching staff at WC. What's your deal with them?

You have to understand that there was no cognitive thought behind his comment. He loves to stir the pot. He went from attacking CTP to his own coaches now. He doesn't even really believe his own babel.

Edited by OldBear33