DII-AA Top 5 Teams Statewide

BreadTruck28

Alrighty, after 4 weeks in the books, I thought it might be fun to discuss the top II-AA teams across the state. Here is my top 5, let's hear yours!

1 - Lausanne (3-0) 

Defending state champions (sorta with the caveat of classification changes) and last week's quality win over 6A reigning state champs makes the top spot a no brainer until proven otherwise.  I don't see another competitive game until late in in the playoffs. Unless I'm over looking someone?

2 - CPA (3-1)

Hit a bump in the road with Pearl-Cohn last week. Both team should have put the other away after taking multiple TD leads, but they didn't and it ended in OT.  I'm guessing not giving up big plays will be a big focus in practice this week. 

3 - Webb (1-2)

Tenuous at #3 because of just one win thus far, but their two loses were to II-AAA perennial powers.  Webb needs a good showing against Grace this week, a game that shouldn't be close. 

4 - Norte Dame (3-1)

Booger's team is eyeballing the 3rd spot with intent having only one loss against another good AAA team in Baylor. The 29th is coming soon...

5 - BGA (4-0)

Yep, undefeated but has not played anyone in the top 175 or so teams in the state, sorry NCS.  This week is different playing at CPA.  CoachT "big ones" pickers are only going with CPA a little over 65% of the time in this game which is surprising to me.  Good luck to BGA, but...

On the outside looking in:  FRA

Edited by bcd

actually #3 lost to just one perennial AAA power...the other loss was to AA freak perennial power playin up to AAA so they can have compettion.....Thank God

...and the Irish ant eyeballin #3 bcd.....Booger eyeballin that #1 spot.......we woulda done had the last 3 #1 statutes in a row if them Tinheads in Alcoa hadnt cheated on us, the refs hadnt help cheated Alcoa cheat on us, we hadnt had a injured player somewhere and we woulda had a little more talent

Booger just sayin soccer-player-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gi

38 minutes ago, bcd said:

Baby steps Booger, baby steps...

actually Dunlop cheated us outta the last one....they caught the Irish discombobulated and fractured and bruised us up good durin a time of individualism

.....but Aluminum City woulda tried to cheat us out of #1 again if Dunlop had given us a fair chance

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Looks pretty accurate to me at this point in the year. If this was posted before last week, I would've had CPA at 1 and Lausanne at 2 but after Friday that's probably the best option. As you said, regardless of Webb's current record, I think the game are #3 right now. It will be interesting to see how that East region plays out between Webb and Notre Dame. One thing of note from the west side of the state, Lausanne's QB went down with a shoulder injury last week. I haven't heard the time table for return yet, but that could create some issues for them if he's gone for a while. The backup came in and did really well but he is also their starting LB, so I would imagine they get weaker at both QB and LB. Don't know that anyone left on their schedule is going to b enough to beat them, but they could definitely have some more challenging games than most would expect.  

4 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Looks pretty accurate to me at this point in the year. If this was posted before last week, I would've had CPA at 1 and Lausanne at 2 but after Friday that's probably the best option. As you said, regardless of Webb's current record, I think the game are #3 right now. It will be interesting to see how that East region plays out between Webb and Notre Dame. One thing of note from the west side of the state, Lausanne's QB went down with a shoulder injury last week. I haven't heard the time table for return yet, but that could create some issues for them if he's gone for a while. The backup came in and did really well but he is also their starting LB, so I would imagine they get weaker at both QB and LB. Don't know that anyone left on their schedule is going to b enough to beat them, but they could definitely have some more challenging games than most would expect.  

I hate to hear that about the QB. I hate injuries, I think CPA had 3 starters out the last game, every team has to deal with them though, so it evens out (I think PC had a few starters out also), but a starting QB being out can be very disruptive. Hopefully he'll be back soon and all will be healthy for the playoffs. 

I agree, I would have put CPA first last week also, but PC had me worried knowing they were young last year and most of their key players returned.  I think #2 for PC has to be the most underrated RB in the state. I've seen him run / return multiple 90+ yard TDs each game for 3 years now.  My son says he runs a 4.4 40.  It seems like he deserves more hype!

39 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

1. Lausanne

2. CPA

3. BGA

4. ND

5. Webb

Lausanne & ND have the best ballers, but CPA & BGA have best coachin'. Going to be fun to check this out this year. Problem is the hot garbage that is the rest of DII-AA... CPA's tough out of region schedule should pay off come playoff time & when things get hard

7216901-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

And exactly who is the hot garbage of which you speak  Captain Knowledge?

48 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

And exactly who is the hot garbage of which you speak  Captain Knowledge?

Captain Knowledge here, Knoxville Grace, Boyd, Silverdale, Goodpasture (even tho they have talent), Lipscomb, Harding, USJ, how many u need chainsaw? Check out Booger's schedule. Other than Baylor it's 9 games of webb & hot garbage.

10205875-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1