DII-AA Top 5 Teams Statewide

BreadTruck28

4 hours ago, bcd said:

Hey Wilson, since you’re our only view into the west...  Gray must be a heck of a workhorse. I’ve been looking at some game stats and it looks like he and the qb are the only ones that carry the ball even when the game seems to be out of hand.  Any ideas why?  I’m no coach, but i’d worry about freak injuries and such.  Is he more of a power back or speed guy or hybrid?  Also, looks like the qb that started has not played since the first few games. Is he out for the year?  Thanks!

Edited to also ask if you think USJ will be a competitive game?

Lausanne QB got hurt in the Whitehaven game. Not sure on his status for rest of year. 

Gray is a heck of a back -- speed and power to spare. He's just an all around football player.

USJ has improved a lot since week one and can make some noise in the playoffs. Lausanne is a different animal though. Think Lausanne will control the game and win by 14 or so, but USJ will land a few punches.

6 hours ago, Kublah said:

Lausanne QB got hurt in the Whitehaven game. Not sure on his status for rest of year. 

Gray is a heck of a back -- speed and power to spare. He's just an all around football player.

USJ has improved a lot since week one and can make some noise in the playoffs. Lausanne is a different animal though. Think Lausanne will control the game and win by 14 or so, but USJ will land a few punches.

Thanks!

I will say it-- Lausanne is a beast.  Everyone knows the RB is awesome, but the QB is a real threat as well.  Not only that, their OL is huge for this division and they can move.  DL is fast especially on the outside in last year's All State DE (Wilson that was for you!), but they also have a great pass rush in the interior with Crawford.  Don't know much about their receivers, but I bet they can play too.  Overall a great team with multiple weapons.  Not saying no one has a chance against them, but you better bring your A game because just a couple of mistakes and it's a running clock.  How on earth did they get so good so quick?

11 hours ago, bcd said:

Hey Wilson, since you’re our only view into the west...  Gray must be a heck of a workhorse. I’ve been looking at some game stats and it looks like he and the qb are the only ones that carry the ball even when the game seems to be out of hand.  Any ideas why?  I’m no coach, but i’d worry about freak injuries and such.  Is he more of a power back or speed guy or hybrid?  Also, looks like the qb that started has not played since the first few games. Is he out for the year?  Thanks!

Edited to also ask if you think USJ will be a competitive game?

He definitely gets a work load, but he hasn't played in very many games past the midpoint of the 3rd quarter this year. The only two I can think of are Whitehaven and St. George's. I'd definitely consider him a hybrid. He will make you miss, run around you, or run through you. One thing I think he is doing better this year is getting those "tough yards." Even when he gets bottled up in the backfield, he will often find a way to get 3-4 yards out of it  

As far as the QB goes, he's been out since Whitehaven. What I found out at the time was that it isn't supposed to be season ending, but I never heard a timetable for return so I'm really not sure about that. The backup has come in and done very well. He can't throw it as well as the starter, but he's extremely deadly with the ball in his hands. He was their best WR before moving to QB. 

I think USJ is very dangerous because of the way they can throw the ball. If that QB is on, they can put up lots of points. So I definitely expect this to be the closest game of Lausanne's season outside of Whitehaven, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is just as close. 

7 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

Webb is simply not a good school especially since they are playing the big boys now.

that T$$AA BoC member they got instructin up there try to wheel and deal it with that Lipscomb Feller and theyre other buddy from St Elmo Christian by changin them populus numbers from 450 to 530 so they would for sure not have to play them big boys.....

that deal at the Pink Pony Pub Happy Hour dont look like its pannin out either

Booger just sayin pink_pony_pub.jpg

1 hour ago, Booger said:

that T$$AA BoC member they got instructin up there try to wheel and deal it with that Lipscomb Feller and theyre other buddy from St Elmo Christian by changin them populus numbers from 450 to 530 so they would for sure not have to play them big boys.....

that deal at the Pink Pony Pub Happy Hour dont look like its pannin out either

Booger just sayin pink_pony_pub.jpg

I agree 110% with Booger- serves them right and a clear example of  taking care of yourself instead of looking at the big picture. Shameful really 

11 hours ago, chainsaw2 said:

I agree 110% with Booger- serves them right and a clear example of  taking care of yourself instead of looking at the big picture. Shameful really 

understandin that the playoff picture for TSSAA football changes a little every year in every class and division....but as a whole is changes very little...especially mungst the PRIVATES over tha last 12 years

..for example last years 1st round DII-AA playoff picture look like this:

..Haslams Pilot Petro Scoll of Knoxville was the largest scool in DII-A and had been for years...the next largest private scool in there div was St George with 60 less...and the next closest in size was ECS and Luzanne with almost 100 less.....every once in a while USJ popped in there to stir the pot

....now in the first year TSSAA has its new braintrust of a plan in place....with the newly forced semi private scools throwed into the fray.....the playoffs will more than likely be terribly b derailed by the likes of a CPA, GCA, or ND in the very first year in

Booger just sayin :o

[week 10 update, Booger’s Lament]

1 - Lausanne (8-0) 

I was surprised to see USJ only down 2 at the half, but that changed drastically in the second half. I’d like to hear from a witness what was the difference. Lausanne plays FACS this week in what should be another blow out.  I’m not sure why, but the Mx Prep rankings swapped Lausanne and CPA this week...

2 - CPA (7-2)

Fall break this past week, prepping for FRA this week. 

3 - Notre Dame (8-1)

Beat Chattanooga Christian by a few TDs. Taking their second bye this week due to Booger’s scheduling challenges...

4 - Webb (5-3)

Mercy ruled CAK, prepping for Silverdale this week. Someone has updated Mx Preps to show they are playing @ CPA on November the 10th...  I have a little anxiety after seeing that. 

5 - BGA (8-1)

Holidayed with CPA this past week, should play Lipscomb in another blow out. 

6 - Knoxville Grace (5-4)

Beat Silverdale but now plays Chattanooga Christian for 3rd in the east, right?

Four more teams to make it 10?  USJ, CCS, FRA, and St. George’s 

Lausanne vs. USJ was close for about three quarters. Lausanne is great, but they have issues -- mostly from injuries.

The QB is faster than Gray, but there's no passing game. Not a knock on the young man, he was a running back until midseason.

They're apparently missing several linemen, and it showed. They're big, but they had trouble sustaining drives. Still, if one of your defenders misses one assignment, Gray and the QB have the speed to score from anywhere.

On defense, Lausanne is fast, physical and plays assignment football. Overall, they're well-coached with good technique and good fundamentals. They don't do anything fancy, but they don't have to.

That said, I was impressed by USJ as well. The final score doesn't show it, but this was a good game. There were some controversial calls that helped turn it, and USJ got flustered. They're kids, after all. Just not much margin for error against Lausanne...Lausanne will wear you out with their size and speed.

I've seen a little film on Notre Dame, CPA and Webb. Without knowing the status of Lausanne's missing QB and linemen, any one of those four can win it all.

Edited by Kublah

12 hours ago, Kublah said:

Lausanne vs. USJ was close for about three quarters. Lausanne is great, but they have issues -- mostly from injuries.

The QB is faster than Gray, but there's no passing game. Not a knock on the young man, he was a running back until midseason.

They're apparently missing several linemen, and it showed. They're big, but they had trouble sustaining drives. Still, if one of your defenders misses one assignment, Gray and the QB have the speed to score from anywhere.

On defense, Lausanne is fast, physical and plays assignment football. Overall, they're well-coached with good technique and good fundamentals. They don't do anything fancy, but they don't have to.

That said, I was impressed by USJ as well. The final score doesn't show it, but this was a good game. There were some controversial calls that helped turn it, and USJ got flustered. They're kids, after all. Just not much margin for error against Lausanne...Lausanne will wear you out with their size and speed.

I've seen a little film on Notre Dame, CPA and Webb. Without knowing the status of Lausanne's missing QB and linemen, any one of those four can win it all.

Completely agree about the USJ-Lausanne game. That game was much closer than the score would indicate. Lausanne had a couple huge plays that really blew the game open with a 95-yard pick 6 and punt return for TD. 

You are correct about the QB - he can fly but is very VERY limited in the passing game. I do believe the starter is expected back in the next couple of weeks. Not to be nitpicking, but the young man playing QB currently wasn't a running back, he was actually the team's best receiver before making the move. So if the starting QB is able to come back healthy, they get him back as well as the leading receiver. 

A couple lineman were out Friday, but they are not expected to be long term injuries to my knowledge. 

The defense was flying around last week and had quite a few big hits. From what I have seen from them this year, they are rarely going to beat themselves with missed tackles and being out of position. 

I'm the same as you in regards to the rest of the state. I've watched a little from all the teams, but not much. I think the race is very wide open and depending on how certain things break any of the 4 could win. 

• Like 1