GCA comes back to Happy Valley !

1 minute ago, gcapride said:

Lol! Glad to see GB playing us again. We talked many times about it over the past few years. That game, regardless of the outcome, will help GB in November. 

Oh yeah them and Loudon playing good football will def help.Im sure with those and Kings our schedule strength took a BIG leap forward.

Speaking of SOS how do these two stack up.I know it doesnt make a hill of beans but i like the comparisons.

4 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Mine isn't a lineman, so this may be out of turn, but I don't really believe the line benefits from playing both ways AS MUCH AS the other athlete spots on either side. You make a good point regarding the techniques though.

I truly believe last week's game was a great example of my point......we had nobody cramping and tired. Greenback had a couple of key guys cramping and going off the field. The results in our ability to run the ball repeatedly showed in the second half....IMO. I believe that was the difference in that game. Who knows.....we might just have had a fresher RB than their #6 who balled his butt off, but seemingly he got tired there at the end.

The better conditioned athletes are absolutely able to go both ways, Friday, Saturday and again on Sunday. It is a LOT to ask of a big ole lineman playing in the trenches where the game is won or lost most days. Just my opinion.....

It was not, is not, never will be my intent to question what our coaching staff is doing. This was simply me being a dumb non-football mind, watching what other more successful teams have done to us. I absolutely trust our coaches to know what is best for this team. I'm all in on that! I'm hoping we see another example of line playing one way vs two being a competitive advantage tomorrow night in the 2nd half as well. We'll see!

Oh, not for a second did I think you were questioning the staff!  That was not my intent either.  Mine comes more from curiosity than anything else.  I've wondered why some coaches (like Webb) will play a kid pretty much the entire game and others don't subscribe to that philosophy.  I grew up in a small town, where there wasn't a choice -- you played the best you had at any given time in any position.    I get where the coaches are coming from, though. Fresh legs can make a huge difference and hopefully will continue to do so.  I will leave with this, there isn't enough money in the world for me to be a coach.  It is impossible to please everyone -- from players to parents to fans.  Someone will always be mad or think they know better.  You truly have to love the kids as well as the sport to do what they do.  

13 minutes ago, ramfanatic said:

Oh, not for a second did I think you were questioning the staff!  That was not my intent either.  Mine comes more from curiosity than anything else.  I've wondered why some coaches (like Webb) will play a kid pretty much the entire game and others don't subscribe to that philosophy.  I grew up in a small town, where there wasn't a choice -- you played the best you had at any given time in any position.    I get where the coaches are coming from, though. Fresh legs can make a huge difference and hopefully will continue to do so.  I will leave with this, there isn't enough money in the world for me to be a coach.  It is impossible to please everyone -- from players to parents to fans.  Someone will always be mad or think they know better.  You truly have to love the kids as well as the sport to do what they do.  

Very well said.....though I envy the really good ones who have the opportunity to make such an incredible impact on the lives of young people. I believe we've got that type of leader for our football program. I just wish mine had more than two years to play for him.

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

SOS....PfffffffT 

I haven't replied to the SOS stuff, that you dismiss as nothing, for a long time. Yes, y'all beat us with a weak SOS when we came up there the last time. BUT, that's a rare occurrence, my friend. Fact is, the #'s prove that SOS during the season equates to better performance in the playoffs.