Undefeated East Ridge at Undefeated AC

Mav4life

After an Impressive and Dominant game against Herritage AC Host East Ridge in a battle of undefeated teams.  AC comes in averaging 53 points a game while allowing 13, East Ridge is averaging 28, but also averaging giving up 21 per game.  All but one of AC's games have ended with running clock while all of East Ridge games have been close games.  Is East Ridge more battle tested?  Will this be another blowout win for the Mavs or are we looking at a nail biter for Friday Night? AC played their most complete football game in the first half Last Night, namely the first quarter, allowing the young guys to finish out the second half and cruise to a win.  Other than about a 4:00 span in the second quarter where AC had some costly turnovers and penaltied the Varsity was very impressive.  If they can sustain that effort consistently they can compete with the best teams In 4A.  I was very impressed with the capability the Mavs showed last night, they finally showed in my eyes glimpses of being a very good team.  I have been worried all year about the portions of the games where they tend to beat themselves and play sloppy and that showed up for a small portion of last nights game again, but over the last 2 games seem to be getting better in that area.  I would like to see them improve in that are a little more to be a complete team, but they are going in the right direction and have played their best football against the best competition they have faced and that is a good sign.  I don't know much about East Ridge so maybe someone from their side can fill us in, but after last nights performance I am thinking AC wins this one big as well.  I will post a score prediction Friday.

GO MAVS!!!!

East Ridge has played to the level of their competition in nearly all of its games. It's honestly odd to watch because ER will control games for the most part, but give up just enough plays for the games to remain close. In every game this year there has been a moment where if ER had just had one more good drive they could blow the game open. Yet in each of these moments they commit a turnover or do not score, and allow the other team to keep the game alive.

As for this week, ER should be the best team AC has seen so far in terms of raw talent and coaching. That being said, I watched AC play Howard, and the QB play especially on screen plays is going to give the ER secondary fits. ER is also missing some good players that will hopefully return towards the end of the season. The 2 hour bus ride is another factor that is going against ER. A win this week is not impossible, but IMHO AC is probably going to win. Good luck to both teams, and let's hope nobody gets injured. Both teams have post season aspirations, and there is a solid chance these teams could play again.

5 hours ago, Mav4life said:

After an Impressive and Dominant game against Herritage AC Host East Ridge in a battle of undefeated teams.  AC comes in averaging 53 points a game while allowing 13, East Ridge is averaging 28, but also averaging giving up 21 per game.  All but one of AC's games have ended with running clock while all of East Ridge games have been close games.  Is East Ridge more battle tested?  Will this be another blowout win for the Mavs or are we looking at a nail biter for Friday Night? AC played their most complete football game in the first half Last Night, namely the first quarter, allowing the young guys to finish out the second half and cruise to a win.  Other than about a 4:00 span in the second quarter where AC had some costly turnovers and penaltied the Varsity was very impressive.  If they can sustain that effort consistently they can compete with the best teams In 4A.  I was very impressed with the capability the Mavs showed last night, they finally showed in my eyes glimpses of being a very good team.  I have been worried all year about the portions of the games where they tend to beat themselves and play sloppy and that showed up for a small portion of last nights game again, but over the last 2 games seem to be getting better in that area.  I would like to see them improve in that are a little more to be a complete team, but they are going in the right direction and have played their best football against the best competition they have faced and that is a good sign.  I don't know much about East Ridge so maybe someone from their side can fill us in, but after last nights performance I am thinking AC wins this one big as well.  I will post a score prediction Friday.

GO MAVS!!!!

Here we go again. You make them sound like the are the Patriots. AC may go 10-0 this with the 2nd weakest schedule in 4a. Anderson County will be Mercy Ruled in the Playoffs. That's a Guarantee 

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

Here we go again. You make them sound like the are the Patriots. AC may go 10-0 this with the 2nd weakest schedule in 4a. Anderson County will be Mercy Ruled in the Playoffs. That's a Guarantee 

Ok..... Greeneville is the top team in 4a. Congrats on your wins this year... In the playoffs we will take it one game at a time. Good luck on the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Devil Man you again play an 0-5 team this week so please do not talk. At least we play a team that is undefeated and currently ranked 9th. The Mavs will in no way no how be mercy ruled in fact the Mavs will be punishing any team they play in the playoffs and that includes Greeneville. Talk all you want how Greeneville is going to mercy rule the Mavs. Not going to happen I promise you that and much much more if we meet.

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Devil Man you again play an 0-5 team this week so please do not talk. At least we play a team that is undefeated and currently ranked 9th. The Mavs will in no way no how be mercy ruled in fact the Mavs will be punishing any team they play in the playoffs and that includes Greeneville. Talk all you want how Greeneville is going to mercy rule the Mavs. Not going to happen I promise you that and much much more if we meet.

Now that’s funny 

11 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Dude, seriously I do not know what your problem is, but what part of my comment had anything to do with the Mavs looking like the patriots.  I clearly said they showed glimpses, I clearly said that IF they can give the same effort consistently they can compete.  You on the other hand keep throwing out snarky comments about how Greenville is going to mercy rule everyone they play.  I have not even been on a Greenville thread and said anything about them, but for some reason you can't stay off of ours.  You are grasping at my comment like for some reason I have called Greenville out or something, I already said that if Greenville and AC were to play right now I would pick Greenville by 2-3 scores.  So where do you get off twisting my comments around, are you actually worried about the Mavs?  Is that what it is?  Because you seem real insecure scoping out the AC threads and trying to twist comments into something they are not.  I am he most honest poster about the Mavs you will find and I catch heck from some of the AC faithful for it because I am honest in my assessment, so don't try twisting my comments into something they are not, you can play that middle school game with someone else.

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Now that’s funny 

Devil I think what BatmanDevil said it best. Let's just pray we both stay healthy and we have a fair Playing field. You are for Greeneville and I am not saying Greeneville is not good obviously they are all I am saying the Mavs have an outstanding team and I only expect the best from the Mavs A real Mav fan will always have faith and Believe. Because with out faith in your team how can you expect the Players to have faith. 

2 hours ago, Mav4life said:

Dude, seriously I do not know what your problem is, but what part of my comment had anything to do with the Mavs looking like the patriots.  I clearly said they showed glimpses, I clearly said that IF they can give the same effort consistently they can compete.  You on the other hand keep throwing out snarky comments about how Greenville is going to mercy rule everyone they play.  I have not even been on a Greenville thread and said anything about them, but for some reason you can't stay off of ours.  You are grasping at my comment like for some reason I have called Greenville out or something, I already said that if Greenville and AC were to play right now I would pick Greenville by 2-3 scores.  So where do you get off twisting my comments around, are you actually worried about the Mavs?  Is that what it is?  Because you seem real insecure scoping out the AC threads and trying to twist comments into something they are not.  I am he most honest poster about the Mavs you will find and I catch heck from some of the AC faithful for it because I am honest in my assessment, so don't try twisting my comments into something they are not, you can play that middle school game with someone else.

this speaks for itself!!