Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

We all predicted that Greeneville would pull away the 2nd half so no surprise there. But Elizabethton will remember this game as well. They will remember that Greeneville DIDN'T blow them out. Greeneville looked human last night. Come playoff time if we meet I'm 100% sure we will see a strong Greeneville team but the difference is, EHS knows they can hang with the Devils so the mental edge, if there was one, is gone in my opinion. You can make every excuse you want about why it was close, and sure, you all might not have played your best game, but at the end of the night, Greeneville was held to 24 points. FAR below your season average. Your Defense held Betsy all night long but your offense didn't amount for much and I know all of it wasn't because of Greeneville mistakes. Come playoff time, sure you might blow us out like you've been preaching about all season, but until that day comes it's all posturing. On a side note, you ever pay up on your bet with that Pisgah guy?

Edited by EHSTrack06
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

It showed after halftime that Greeneville is the better team. Greeneville should had this game by at least 4 tds! Gave up some cheap points at the end but the defense held betsy all night long. #### down the running back with only 60 yards! 

You guys will have to come to Burley in the playoffs and we all know Greeneville will remember this game and make it a point destroy betsy! 

Good Luck with that. I understand Oh wait you said we would be destroyed last night. But hey i believe you. :) Not. One good thing about you is you stick to your guns,  However,  one day you will run out of mouth bullets.  Now if you will excuse me I prefer to move on and focus on the next game without arrogance. 

Edited by woodby30

Championship teams find ways to win and that’s what Greeneville did. Betsy did a lot of things that wasn’t on film lastnight like putting offense personal on defense. Greeneville adjusted for that at half as it was evident. Ballard is very good at not showing all of his cards. 

I look for the next meeting that Greeneville will be in a two tight end set and run it down Betsy’s throat. 

At the end of the day the better team won! Devils move to 8-0 while Betsy falls to 6-2. Devils will have a huge advantage with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Lastnight was Betsy’s chance and they blew it. If they get to play a second time Greeneville won’t let the game be in question 

Edited by DevilMan03

17 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville wasn’t on their game at all tonight. 

We all know what they are capable of. Devils willl be in cookeville! 

unless i just missed it devilman, i havent seen you give betsy any props what so ever in this thread....If i just missed it, i appologize, but man give those betsy kids and coaches some credit here. They faught their azzes off and had a masterful gameplan, they just didnt have the horses to finish it off. If you tell me you werent a little worried in the first half, Im not buying it. I WAS. Not worried that we would lose, just worried that this one might come down to the final drive or two. As impressed as i was with Wittens plan, I was even more impressed with our kids composure. they never got rattled and just stayed the course and just like Ballard has preached all year, " all that summer stuff is showing up now ". OH and to the fella  a few pages back that said something about " another pointless BVD video " when it was 3-3......stay tuned bub, it's coming 

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

unless i just missed it devilman, i havent seen you give betsy any props what so ever in this thread....If i just missed it, i appologize, but man give those betsy kids and coaches some credit here. They faught their azzes off and had a masterful gameplan, they just didnt have the horses to finish it off. If you tell me you werent a little worried in the first half, Im not buying it. I WAS. Not worried that we would lose, just worried that this one might come down to the final drive or two. As impressed as i was with Wittens plan, I was even more impressed with our kids composure. they never got rattled and just stayed the course and just like Ballard has preached all year, " all that summer stuff is showing up now ". OH and to the fella  a few pages back that said something about " another pointless BVD video " when it was 3-3......stay tuned bub, it's coming 

Great post BVD and thanks for giving Betsy props and Greeneville has a good team and good luck the rest of the way.Cant wait to see video.

49 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Great post BVD and thanks for giving Betsy props and Greeneville has a good team and good luck the rest of the way.Cant wait to see video.

You greeneville fans need to quit feeding those boys rat poison,  making them think they are unbeatable,  that's a quote from saban by the way.  It's sounds like eliz should have not tried to kick field goals when they should have been scoring td.  Alot closer game than predicted and setting up a bigger show down in playoffs.  By the way devils lb  fb use to be a  longhorn and we wish he and his family hadn't moved.  Have a great season ty

5 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville will be there. If we play Betsy again it won’t be as close just like the second half. We have the best coaching staff in the state and it showed 

havent you heard devilman.....we wont see betsy again because anderson county is so awesome, they will kill betsy before killing us on their way to cookeville

6 hours ago, Horn1 said:

You greeneville fans need to quit feeding those boys rat poison,  making them think they are unbeatable,  that's a quote from saban by the way.  It's sounds like eliz should have not tried to kick field goals when they should have been scoring td.  Alot closer game than predicted and setting up a bigger show down in playoffs.  By the way devils lb  fb use to be a  longhorn and we wish he and his family hadn't moved.  Have a great season ty

trust me Horn, these boys dont have much of an appetite for rat poison....and Nick saban only WISHES he was as good of a coach as Ballard...hehe