cloudland vs hampton

THE KING

52 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

KING and Pujo,  let me ask you a question...Whats up with all the "buddy buddy" football these days? 

I

This game is not like the past, Cloudland people hated it when  Hampton was winning  and Mike was on the other side. These kids are respectful of each other and you have a Lunsford on both sides. Its more of a civil thing. I though both teams left it on the field, hard hitting game but they did it between whistles and went back to the huddle. I enjoy that type of football.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

The teacher beat the student. The father beat the son. I bet it was a bittersweet night for ole Mike tonight. 

He couldn,t win either way but he,s not going to bail out on his kids. Bitter sweet win but I,m sure its easier being on the better end of things.

Well I was half way right on this win. I kinda thought whoever had the ball last would win but honestly Hampton should’ve had it last. That turnover with only about a minute to go to give us the ball was critical! I think Hampton would’ve scored without Coffey sealing the deal with the interception. Btw on another note hats off to some of the younger guys on our sideline. The announcer must have had his numbers and names wrong. He called out wrong names all night and some of those younger fellers carried the ball tuff all night and took some good hits. I’m not blaming the guy announcing, who knows what roster he was given. I’m just saying they stepped up big time. Good ball game to watch and for the most part very clean. I didn’t see any injuries that would keep a kid out the next game so I’m glad of that. We finally shook that dadgum crazy monkey off our back and hopefully we can start our own streak. I don’t know that we can hold One as long as the Dawgs did but last night was a start. Fun game to watch, a lil nervy but well worth the price of admission. On another note, how bout them Longhorns? They held HV to 7 points on Warrior Hill and that’s saying something. 

7 hours ago, pujo said:

This game is not like the past, Cloudland people hated it when  Hampton was winning  and Mike was on the other side. These kids are respectful of each other and you have a Lunsford on both sides. Its more of a civil thing. I though both teams left it on the field, hard hitting game but they did it between whistles and went back to the huddle. I enjoy that type of football.

I don't like it lol. :D I'll be your buddy all day off the field... but when the games on you're gonna hate me. I'm glad we have a community such as RM/Htown that gets along, for the most part, but it is a rivalry.. 

it needs to get back to it lol. Great game tho with some great people on both sides. I guess I just enjoy the hate sometimes :mrgreen: 

35 minutes ago, UKnoLittle said:

I don't like it lol. :D I'll be your buddy all day off the field... but when the games on you're gonna hate me. I'm glad we have a community such as RM/Htown that gets along, for the most part, but it is a rivalry.. 

it needs to get back to it lol. Great game tho with some great people on both sides. I guess I just enjoy the hate sometimes :mrgreen: 

I'm glad we survived 2005.  It got a little too serious that year.  I'm glad it didn't come down to a real fight with anyone.  I think I'll hand down the hate to the next generation :D

Not talking just about this game...I too like it being played clean, and hard between the whistles...Just used to be that the buddy stuff waited till after the game.

LJ grew up in that area. LJ and mine was respectful of all others, but on the field, it was war...in every game.

I see having a Luns on each side changing some attitude in this game, but once again, I'm noticing this in about every game these days...And that's okay if you're winning :roflol:

Maybe times are a changing.

Both sides ran the ball HARD last night, we just had the mistakes that cost the most.

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Not talking just about this game...I too like it being played clean, and hard between the whistles...Just used to be that the buddy stuff waited till after the game.

LJ grew up in that area. LJ and mine was respectful of all others, but on the field, it was war...in every game.

I see having a Luns on each side changing some attitude in this game, but once again, I'm noticing this in about every game these days...And that's okay if you're winning :roflol:

Maybe times are a changing.

Both sides ran the ball HARD last night, we just had the mistakes that cost the most.

If I had developed the attitude I had at age 24-29 in high school, man oh man.  I would have tried to end the career of every opponent in front of me.  Unadulterated hate in its most pure form.  I wanted to bathe in the tears of my defeated opponents 8-)