Wk 8- Obion Co. hosts Dresden

HevyReturns

The defending 1A champs Dresden travels this Friday, Oct.6 to the bigger 4A school with really nice facilities, Obion Co. HS in Troy. ..

So will the big school guys with a great stadium put the country boys at the hog farm stadium in their place? Do the Lions have a chance, or just hope for a good effort and not be too embarrassed? I heard a radio commentator say it will be like another Lions vs Tide game, that OC too much for DHS, too good this year. It's just a matter of how bad Lions get beat according to radio guy. But I wonder if Lions think the same? If they believe this "guru's" prediction is correct so Dresden just hopes to have a good showing and not get hurt? ...

Of course this insane fan predicts a Lion win in every game. Including this one. I say DHS wins 42-14. Any other input? Ideas? Let's get the chat going. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see Obion County playing better these days. I think this will be a very good game myself. Glad we are getting some play makers back from injury. Obion County has always been a hard nosed group of players who like to hit. I was surprised at what our boys did to SF, figured we would win but didn't expect it by that much. 

9 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

The defending 1A champs Dresden travels this Friday, Oct.6 to the bigger 4A school with really nice facilities, Obion Co. HS in Troy. ..

So will the big school guys with a great stadium put the country boys at the hog farm stadium in their place? Do the Lions have a chance, or just hope for a good effort and not be too embarrassed? I heard a radio commentator say it will be like another Lions vs Tide game, that OC too much for DHS, too good this year. It's just a matter of how bad Lions get beat according to radio guy. But I wonder if Lions think the same? If they believe this "guru's" prediction is correct so Dresden just hopes to have a good showing and not get hurt? ...

Of course this insane fan predicts a Lion win in every game. Including this one. I say DHS wins 42-14. Any other input? Ideas? Let's get the chat going. 

I don't look for OC to be able to contain the QB of the Lions oncesoever!This will not be close Dresden 35 Obion County 14!Of course with match ups that you haven't seen and no common oppenents it's a guessing game!

Central must have had some players out when Lake Co scrimmage d them about 2 weeks before the season opener .Lake co had their way winning about 8 tds  to 2.I know it was just a scrimmage but they must have really improved or got some transfers. Maybe Coach Decker was just seeing what he had .But glad Central has turned things around .Think  I heard Central  has been playing football about 54 years and this will be their 11th time to make the playoffs .Im going with Dresden by a couple touchdowns.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:52 AM, ysoangry said:

Need prayers for the Zack Lewis family. Think they had a house fire this morning.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/10/05/dresden-football-players-house-catches-fire-donations-collected-fridays-game/736685001/ Sadly it true. Thankfully no lives lost. Huge respect & thankfulness to Obion's coach (see in article). Those who've been thru such devastating disasters can empathize. Praying for them  indeed. Please share this info alot and ask for prayers.