AC vs. CC

MAVERICK1995

2 minutes ago, Foxman43 said:

I love all of this talk about being, "battle-tested." We acknowledge that it's been a cream puff schedule this year. No one at AC is acting like we are unbeatable. The truth is that there is so much talent on this squad like a few years past when the schedule was tough. I think we can hold our own against any schedule. It's nice to have that large margin of victory but the W at the end of the night is all that matters. Post season will most definitely become more difficult. These young men are anxious to show everyone just how good they are regardless the opponent. One good back from the region isn't very intimidating when I look at the first two layers of our defense. With these guys, you never know which side the kill shot is coming from. Containment has been excellent! I'd tell the CC QB to put on some rib guards and prepare to get some grass stains. As long as AC can play disciplined ball without major penalties, this should be another win. It's hard to practice for an offense that has two of the areas top backs and arguably the best duel threat QB anyone has seen for many years.

I wouldn’t say the AC has the so called best dual threat qb 

51 minutes ago, Foxman43 said:

Cade Ballard is by far the better qb. Has done amazing things against far better opponents. Padding the stats is easy when you have no competition. AC will find out in the playoffs what a terrible weak schedule will do for you. You coach’s will regret not having a tough non conference schedule that’s for sure. 

Cade is a very solid QB with good speed. I watched several videos and most of the plays were run as scripted and well executed. There really wasn't any video other than a short dump pass to see how Cade reacts to a broken play. That is why I think Stanton is set apart from the rest. He has a rare vision that only comes along every so often. If the play falls apart, he still makes something big happen.

22 minutes ago, Foxman43 said:

Cade is a very solid QB with good speed. I watched several videos and most of the plays were run as scripted and well executed. There really wasn't any video other than a short dump pass to see how Cade reacts to a broken play. That is why I think Stanton is set apart from the rest. He has a rare vision that only comes along every so often. If the play falls apart, he still makes something big happen.

Cade’s line does an amazing job but I have seen broken plays and he’s run out of the pocket only to throw 50 yard bombs for tds 

6 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Cade’s line does an amazing job but I have seen broken plays and he’s run out of the pocket only to throw 50 yard bombs for tds 

Greeneville will beat Betsy easy. Seen them play Union County  and at the passing league at Maryville. Greeneville is by far the top team in 4A . Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully if we can beat Betsy (2nd round). We can all start talking about 3rd round AC/Devils game....lol

Edited by Space3

17 hours ago, Space3 said:

Another AC hater....lol

Not hating. I acknowledged that AC is a good team, but I was just stating facts. You can't be as boastful as you are because you haven't beaten one really good team. I would say the ER game was a good win, but it's apparent with recent results that they are on the downslide. You can score points, but until you prove that you can beat the likes of Greeneville or Betsy, I can't agree with you. 

15 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I don't think he's hating, I think he's just being honest. You know that I'm a Powell guy, and I'd love to see AC win it all, but you guys aren't battle-tested. At all. That shouldn't take away from what you guys have already accomplished (or will accomplish) - it's just an observation. I'm just surprised at how defensive some (not all) of the AC folks have been on the T lately. Granted, devilman and hog have been poking you guys with a cattle prod, but still, we're just calling a spade a spade. Nothing personal.

To paraphrase fanatic, you guys are a very good football team in one of the weakest regions in 4A. Hopefully you'll get a chance to go toe-to-toe with Greeneville in November.

Exactly. I guess calling it like you see it, and stating facts makes you a hater now-a-days. 

11 hours ago, Foxman43 said:

No one at AC is acting like we are unbeatable.

You're joking, right? I won't lump the majority of AC fans into this category, but there are definitely some on the T who are acting that way, and there a LOT in the community who are; I got really irritated with it during Gillum's first two seasons, especially after the Clinton and Powell playoff wins. Those were a couple of really good AC teams, and in both cases, AC came crashing down the following week.

In recent years, Greeneville has earned the right to talk smack. No offense, but it's not like you guys have been there before. Jesus, you guys haven't even played in a state title game; I was in high school the only time you made it to the final 4.

If I sound bitter, I apologize. IMO, you guys are a very good team, and I think that maintaining a certain level of confidence is important. I want to see AC win, but don't go chest thumping until you've beaten the man.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

You're joking, right? I won't lump the majority of AC fans into this category, but there are definitely some on the T who are acting that way, and there a LOT in the community who are; I got really irritated with it during Gillum's first two seasons, especially after the Clinton and Powell playoff wins. Those were a couple of really good AC teams, and in both cases, AC came crashing down the following week.

In recent years, Greeneville has earned the right to talk smack. No offense, but it's not like you guys have been there before. Jesus, you guys haven't even played in a state title game; I was in high school the only time you made it to the final 4.

If I sound bitter, I apologize. IMO, you guys are a very good team, and I think a maintaining a certain level of confidence is important. I want to see AC win, but don't go chest thumping until you've beaten the man.

When Ac gets destroyed in the playoffs all these posters will disappear 

19 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

If I sound bitter, I apologize. IMO, you guys are a very good team, and I think a maintaining a certain level of confidence is important. I want to see AC win, but don't go chest thumping until you've beaten the man.

Preach on, brother. Preach on!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Not hating. I acknowledged that AC is a good team, but I was just stating facts. You can't be as boastful as you are because you haven't beaten one really good team. I would say the ER game was a good win, but it's apparent with recent results that they are on the downslide. You can score points, but until you prove that you can beat the likes of Greeneville or Betsy, I can't agree with you. 

Looking at it Campbell county has not beat a good team and the wins that CC opponents have are week also. We could go on and on about this but  it really is pointless. We will just half to wait fore the playoffs.